Banned
I am so sick fed up of starting a fleet action then halfway through the mission a player leaves the game. Then when one leaves they all start to leave and your left there with one or two others. Nothing worse than time wasteres.
Commander
# 2
07-19-2012, 05:06 AM
The only penalty currently in-game is the 'wait 60 minutes for another public PVE queue' penalty, which really isn't much.

However, we also need some way to kick/replace team members; I'm not sure how to implement an unexploitable version of it, but some people join the elite STF's without having the slightest clue what to do, and waste everyone else's time. We really need some way to deal with this; otherwise, ground STF Elites become nigh-impossible.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Suggestion "leaver fine"

Rank Fine
Lt 100 Fleet credits
Lt Com 500 Fleet Credits
Com 1000 fleet credits
Capt 2000 fleet credits
Admiral 5000 fleet credits
VA (maxed) 25,000 fleet credits
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-19-2012, 07:12 AM
Which sucks for those of us left behind. I had to abandon one after two people ditched on a blockade when we lost two of the first freighter wave.

Honestly, I don't mind the penalty, but there should be some mechanism for players, even a full team, to be allowed to vote on voluntary abandonment. Either that, or trigger it when someone abandons or loses connection (not all abandonments are necessarily intentional).
Captain
# 5
07-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Oh heck no. All those times I get dropped due to poor wifi? No thank you.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 6
07-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Suggestion "leaver fine"

Rank Fine
Lt 100 Fleet credits
Lt Com 500 Fleet Credits
Com 1000 fleet credits
Capt 2000 fleet credits
Admiral 5000 fleet credits
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
The only penalty currently in-game is the 'wait 60 minutes for another public PVE queue' penalty, which really isn't much.

However, we also need some way to kick/replace team members; I'm not sure how to implement an unexploitable version of it, but some people join the elite STF's without having the slightest clue what to do, and waste everyone else's time. We really need some way to deal with this; otherwise, ground STF Elites become nigh-impossible.
Don't pug. Build a friends list. Join or make a fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by januhull View Post
Which sucks for those of us left behind. I had to abandon one after two people ditched on a blockade when we lost two of the first freighter wave.

Honestly, I don't mind the penalty, but there should be some mechanism for players, even a full team, to be allowed to vote on voluntary abandonment. Either that, or trigger it when someone abandons or loses connection (not all abandonments are necessarily intentional).
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Oh heck no. All those times I get dropped due to poor wifi? No thank you.
Good point, but it is easy from a development stand point to tell the difference between someone who leaves and some one who has been dropped.
Banned
# 7
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
3 day ban from STO., then they would never do it again. I can tell its mostly the annoying schoolies as it usually happens during the day particularly in the afternoons. For those of us who don't know what a schoolie is, it's a British slang term for a school kid, most likely not even old enough to play the game.
Commander
# 8
07-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeykool View Post
Good point, but it is easy from a development stand point to tell the difference between someone who leaves and some one who has been dropped.
Except that people will just get around the restriction on leaving by switching off their router to make it look like a connection drop.

Really harsh penalties for people who drop/leave aren't practical, imo. Best you'll see is an extended cooldown on the PvE queue.
Commander
# 9
07-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Just make the cooldown for leavers increase over time and/or accountwide
Drop 20, get 2hrs etc.

Then again, it wouldn't solve anything.

Resulting in only one reasonable solution: Dishonor for 7 Generations!
Career Officer
# 10
07-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Gosh, folks, you must've never heard of team making bugs that are all over the shop right now, like in one out of 3 private games somebody from the team doesn't make it to the team map. Happens in CSE and Fleet Events. Add a leaver penalty to this would make it even more funnier...

And for NoWin team of 4 gets as far as team of 5 so not a big proble right there
STF Elite Advanced Tactics