Banned
# 11
07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Gosh, folks, you must've never heard of team making bugs that are all over the shop right now, like in one out of 3 private games somebody from the team doesn't make it to the team map. Happens in CSE and Fleet Events. Add a leaver penalty to this would make it even more funnier...

And for NoWin team of 4 gets as far as team of 5 so not a big proble right there
Can you repeat that in English please?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Suggestion "leaver fine"

Rank Fine
Lt 100 Fleet credits
Lt Com 500 Fleet Credits
Com 1000 fleet credits
Capt 2000 fleet credits
Admiral 5000 fleet credits
VA (maxed) 25,000 fleet credits
This is just plain dumb just like the rest of the STO whining crowd which is why this game is now so screwed up. This is why STF's are unbearable because you decided "we" needed the "death penalty".
ALL THIS WHINING AND CRYING DOES NOTHING BUT DUMB THE GAME DOWN AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.

VET: OMG ALL THESE NUBS I CANT STAND PUGGING
NOOB: OMGWTFBBQ INVISIBLE TORPEDO.

Last edited by srgtburglar; 07-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Commander
# 13
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgtburglar View Post
This is just plain dumb just like the rest of the STO whining crowd which is why this game is now so screwed up. This is why STF's are unbearable because you decided "we" needed the "death penalty".
ALL THIS WHINING AND CRYING DOES NOTHING BUT DUMB THE GAME DOWN AND RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.

VET: OMG ALL THESE NUBS I CANT STAND PUGGING
NOOB: OMGWTFBBQ INVISIBLE TORPEDO.
TROLL: QUIT WHINNING!
'We' didn't ask for the death penalty- that was courtosy of the neighborhood as*hat, Gozer. I agree, the fleet credits thing isn't such a good idea, but being able to continuosly troll a FA with no penalty will ruin it for everyone else.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Here is an alternative

if someone leaves the optional timer stops and the failure timer STOPS

Basically you run a man down you have no timers after you

also in Ground missions for every man down Respawn timers get reduced by 25% and enemy respawns get reduced as well (last man standing would have instant respawn and NO respawning of enemies)

In space 1 man down would reduce enemy warp in by 25% 2 down 50% and so on

Again last man standing = no reinforcements
Commander
# 15
07-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Here is an alternative

also in Ground missions for every man down Respawn timers get reduced by 25% and enemy respawns get reduced as well (last man standing would have instant respawn and NO respawning of enemies)

I like that- in STF's, the leaver timer does more harm than help. In ISE, after about 15 or 20 mins fighting spheres to no avail, getting a 1h cooldown would hurt. I was thinking a dilithium or EDC fine- something tjat trolls will not have a lot of, and experienced plauers who legitimately want to leave a failing FA will have.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 16 There is a penalty.
07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpower2012 View Post
I am so sick fed up of starting a fleet action then halfway through the mission a player leaves the game. Then when one leaves they all start to leave and your left there with one or two others. Nothing worse than time wasteres.
There is a 30 min leaver penalty. Fleetmates were asleep at the wheel and did not accept a mission but I did, so I bailed and acquired a penalty.
Joined STO in September 2010.
Lieutenant
# 17
07-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Suggestion "leaver fine"

Rank Fine
Lt 100 Fleet credits
Lt Com 500 Fleet Credits
Com 1000 fleet credits
Capt 2000 fleet credits
Admiral 5000 fleet credits
VA (maxed) 25,000 fleet credits
That's nice and all, but that doesn't mean that the person that is willing to leave won't just park himeslf in the corner of the map and drink his coffee until the mission is over.

Also in defense of the leavers:
There are some pretty bad PUG teams. I personally got matched in starbase blockade where 4 ships "working together" couldn't save even 1 transport and for 10 minutes of play we (I) managed to save 3-4 Transports, so after is saw that 4 of them struggle with even 1 transport repeatedly i couldn't take it and left. This is actually when I stopped puging the new PvEs - You get an average team once in a while, but the rest are terrible with 1 adequate player at most and are just a pain to go trough and don't reward nearly enough marks for the invested time (about 10-15 for 15 minutes compared to double the amount (and sometimes for less time) with a good team).
Lieutenant
# 18
07-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Here is an alternative

Actually the spawened enemies are indeed reduced by some amount. I once got left alone in ISE and out of stubbornness I decided to blow up the nanite transformer all alone by myself . For my surprise after I blew up the 4 Generators, only 4 spheres spawned (not the usual 8+) so in the end I bug-ed the transformer with some peregrines to make the spheres heal it and stack and then used CSV and Torpedo Spread to blow them up all at once, making the Transformer an easy job.

Never tested, however by what amount they are decreased.
Captain
# 19
07-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Who in their right mind runs PUGs anyway?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 20
07-23-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Who in their right mind runs PUGs anyway?
My small fleet does. We have been fotunate so far to not have issues like people leaving left right and center and our fleet members are experianced and good enough to handle pretty much what the game can throw at us even if we are a couple team members down, infact we enjoy it when it happens, gives us a good challenge.

Leaver penalties may be good for some, but I can see that for those of us with multiple alts it's nothing as leave fleet event/action then log over to alt and start a new round.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.