Ensign
# 1 Activation Code Problem
07-19-2012, 01:45 AM
I just bought a Star Trek Online DVD from a store, and when i wanted to enter the code into my account it says key invalid and to check if i spelled it right. The code is printed a bit fuzzy, i tried different combinations and still it says the same thing. Need help, hope i havent payed for something useless.
Career Officer
# 2
07-19-2012, 01:50 AM
The game is free to download.
The game is free to play.
You've been had by some 21st century Ferengi!

You no longer need codes to register an account as far as I am aware.
Just go ahead and start downloading here - and when the launcher is ready (installed), disable on-demand patching in the launcher options to ensure you download all the game (it can slow down play as you download new areas on demand).

Welcome aboard cadet!
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 3
07-19-2012, 03:33 AM
That code, can give you ingame money, even if it is free, i bought the same thing, a few months ago, it's like a time card.
Commander
# 4
07-19-2012, 03:57 AM
(local restrictions may vary, so take everything with a grain of salt):
If the code is unreadable, bring it back to the store, saying what's wrong. It has to replace it one way or the other, but may allow itself a worktime (read waittime) of weeks.
Either you get your money back or a fresh more readable code (maybe from PWE itself).

Using Gamecodes to pay for subscriptions is only valid once (used to be different).
There are rumours you don't get any benefits at all anymore, at least I can say in May 2012 it still worked (used a Digital Deluxe Key for a total of 900CP, 1 Month Subscription and various ingameunlocks for my wife).