Ensign
# 1 STF new nerf loot ?
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Hello all !

Well , i enter today a few STFs space, and when we complete the STF the drop was encripted chip i think is the name and 1 random green or blue item, only 2 drops, b4 was att leas 3 or 4 items when you complete the STF, without the optional.

I dont know if this have to do also, but no extra dili on cure space today either and it should be extra idili 18 and 19.

I have been looking the forum and i did not find anything about this, did they nerf the loot on STFs now ? it is my character bugged ? did they nerf the loot without telling anything ?

Well guys if you know anything i will , or we all will apreciate, thanks.
Commander
# 2
07-19-2012, 07:23 AM
The STF Special Times are off ingame, usually only wednesday is fine.

As for lootdrops, you must have "bad luck".
I still got enough "crap" (1-2 extras) to sell to any vendor wanting it.
Ensign
# 3
07-19-2012, 02:41 PM
well after been playing the whole day STFs i can confirm that the loot have been nerfed,now you get the encrypted data chip and 1 random item and some times a tholian lock box, many in my fleet and friends have notice the same, so if you want some loot or event a rare borg elite item you will need to do the optional to have a chance.
Commander
# 4
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
I've noticed the same thing.
But I have seen a lot more Purple Mk XII items.

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Kinda is silly that often the best you can expect is 1 edc and 1 mark x item.... why wasn't this nerf announced? Or is it an accident and the tholian boxes taking over a loot spot?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
My last STF (the first I have done in S6), I got 1 EDC, a Tholian lockbox, and 2 white item that immediately got sold to a vendor for a measly number of EC. I don't think anyone in the group I ran with got anything of any value at all.
Career Officer
# 7
07-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Gotta add my 2 cents.

We run a lot of STF in a premade team, like 10-20 a day at least, so we get some experience on the matter. Loot before the tholian boxes was 2 items and a mystery box. Right now standard loot is 1 tholian lock box and 1 item.

I do realise that devs got a lot on their hands right now, but stf loot tables have been altered. And the OP is right

WE WANT OUR STF LOOT BACK GOOD AND PROPER.

Please fix
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 8
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
re: stf bonus day

If my understanding on this is correct....

its Wednesday 12:01 am to 11:59 pm (essentially) SERVER time...

so what happens is if you are not in the US pacific time zone (which is what the server time is set to) it shows up over multiple days because of the time zone difference.

So for me in the US Eastern Time Zone...the STF bonus day runs from Wednesday 3:00 AM to Thursday 3:00 AM (essentially)

HOWEVER...and this is annoying...the calender will show the event going over multiple days when it is technically but not figuratively.

Ditto all of the special events, like the recent 25th anniversary event for TNG showed going through Tuesday when in fact it ended at 12:01 AM server time, 3:00 AM eastern time.

You can click the actually calendar item and see the exact times to figure out when it starts/ends in your time zone.

Re: loot

Still have ran multiple STFs since season 6 launch and although the junk loot table is a bit off (but really to me not the end of the world)...the regular drop hasn't appeared to change.

Also Optional has absolutely no impact on end drop rate... sure you get more of a chance at stuff...like proto salvage on elite...but getting optional doesn't change what you get once the mission is complete.

Lastly...i have noticed a MAJOR uptick of EDC dropping as loot via the need/greed/pass screen....in the past it was rare to get 1 EDC to randomly drop in an STF...where as now its like 2-3 EDC dropping per run... so if they did nerf the random crap loot in leiu of more EDC drop then hey imho more power to them