Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
Finally, the KDF are not shafted by Cryptic in this lockbox exchange programme.

Point Defense System! - There are some Bops outs there in the PVP / Kerrat zones that already have MONSTEROUS Dps - This will just make things much more interesting now that alot of the FED ships have been buffed.

Feds get the subspace jump console. - Lol, yeh this is a great console, for alpha strikes / chasing ships that are fleeing from battle - but I dont see this as a good use of console slot for the likes of those defiants and fleet escorts.

I wonder whether the PDS will be phaser or disruptor for KDF?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,474
# 2
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulsar View Post
Finally, the KDF are not shafted by Cryptic in this lockbox exchange programme.

Point Defense System! - There are some Bops outs there in the PVP / Kerrat zones that already have MONSTEROUS Dps - This will just make things much more interesting now that alot of the FED ships have been buffed.

Feds get the subspace jump console. - Lol, yeh this is a great console, for alpha strikes / chasing ships that are fleeing from battle - but I dont see this as a good use of console slot for the likes of those defiants and fleet escorts.

I wonder whether the PDS will be phaser or disruptor for KDF?
I actually think the ideal ship for subspace jump console is the Galaxy-X.

It helps with the lack of maneuverability. Galaxy-X with cannons is an alpha strike ship. And it sets someone up for a phaser lance attack.

It's especially good if paired with the photonic displacement console and newly buffed quad cannons for what amounts to the Picard Maneuver, followed by an alpha strike from behind.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 3
07-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
...newly buffed quad cannons for what amounts to the Picard Maneuver, followed by an alpha strike from behind.
Buffed quad cannons you say O.O

Pray tell good sir, the relevant information regarding these changes...(have been waiting for AGES for these to become useful)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,474
# 4
07-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulsar View Post
Buffed quad cannons you say O.O

Pray tell good sir, the relevant information regarding these changes...(have been waiting for AGES for these to become useful)
As I recall, it's now Dmgx3, Accuracy and has higher base DPS than a cannon. I've heard people say they get decent results from one.

And the perk to the Galaxy-X is that, if managed for pure burst, it can have 4 cannons in front, 4 turrets in rear, and a phaser lance.

It has a massive initial payload IF you can line it up with a target and SSJ will do that for you.

I'd pair that up with... Omega Force? That adds a passive shield drain to all energy attacks with a 2 piece?

Since Cannons x4, phaser lance, and Turrets x4 is all energy attacks, you could probably knock out shields in short order and then the trick is to finish the target off before they can turn around.

It should be a great escort killer with the right build anyway while having the best survivability for a burst damage build.

The trick there is that if they survive the initial attack, you need a means of escape.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 716
# 5
07-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iampulsar View Post
I wonder whether the PDS will be phaser or disruptor for KDF?
Last time I used one, it appeared "antiproton red", not "phaser orange"

Raptr profile
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18
# 6
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
Last time I used one, it appeared "antiproton red", not "phaser orange"
You are mistaken, PDC's have only ever been Phaser for Feds, and just read on FAQ at the KDF version will be Disruptor as I had suspected.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,769
# 7
07-19-2012, 10:30 AM
The PDS is something I would not mind having for my Klink.
In the past I've noticed it does fairly well when buffed by tac abilities and it may be helpful in being a counter spam device.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
# 8
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM
As someone who has the PDS and has used it before I can tell you, you will be disappointed if you are wanting to use it for ANYTHING other than clearing spam.

It clears spam like a BAUS!
Though beyond that its pretty lack luster outside of weird 1v1's with no other targets around and having loads of tac buffs.

Not saying its a bad console, just don't expect it to be anything remotely as good as what the KDF already has in most cases (except for spam clearing). Also the CD sucks D:
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,145
# 9
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I'd be happy with the missle system from the lobi store, but it's prolly gone by now. Funny how some think the KDF actully GET something- the FAQ says everyone gets a CHANCE to get something.

A 1:10000 is still a chance, right ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,769
# 10
07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev View Post
As someone who has the PDS and has used it before I can tell you, you will be disappointed if you are wanting to use it for ANYTHING other than clearing spam.
Actually that is what i want it for.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 PM.