Ensign
i have played the missions on EASY and my character goes against a tholian and then 5 more transport in and im dead. i fought it for 2 hours and couldnt get past them. i have mark XI antiproton weapons and Disrupter weapons but neither have enough azz to get the tholians before im gone. how are yall doing it?
Captain
# 2
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
They respawn fast and like to encircle, so be careful where you stand. Engineers have an advantage because mines are really useful against the encirclement and respawns.

Also consider grouping for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sorry you're having problems.

I've found them to be really, really easy to kill, so long as you don't get yourself boxed in and swarmed. Even then, it's nothing Tactical Team and the Shard of Possibilities can't seem to help get me out of.
Captain
# 4
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera View Post
They respawn fast and like to encircle, so be careful where you stand. Engineers have an advantage because mines are really useful against the encirclement and respawns.

Also consider grouping for it.
For my Engineer, I use the Enemy Neutralization kit.

Science is also handy for AOE's with the Physicist kit.

The Breen gun works until you get one of the [sonic] guns. I do okay solo on easy/medium with the Jem'Hadar ground shield, the Jem'Hadar gun (carried as secondary weapon for the set bonus) plus the breen gun (CRM 200) and a blue-grade EV suit.

Not to say I don't occasionally get swarmed . . .
# 5
07-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Equip the freeze gun from the Breen FE. They don't like the cold. Engineers do have a way easier time than Tacs or Sci. I'll set up turrets and mortars in the center of the map, and then summon some drones, and a horta, and it's pretty much a cakewalk on the easy missions.
Captain
# 6
07-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Start with the Exterior, specifically
Industrial Espionage and Scientific Sabotage.

Keep moving and throw snowballs(Cryo Grenades). Tholians hate cold. Use the CRM 200 from the Breen mission "Cold Storage"

Check with Vux on Defera for the Cryos.

If all else fails..... Like Regis says "Phone a friend" and do it as a team

wow... Great minds think alike.... and, so do minds like ours...

If you're an Engineer, you can set up your turrets to draw the Tholians away from the center. Giving you time to perform your sabotage

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 07-19-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
The issue seems to be OTHER PLAYERS IMO.

Someone aggros a bunch running around and you get waylayed. Or someone just killed a bunch and you get waylayed by the respawns....

I agree that they are super easy. The only times Ive ever had an issue is getting stuck with respawns. IMO most respawns in the gane are too quick. Like you try and take 2 secs to clear the trash from INV and crap has respawned.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Empire Veteran
# 8
07-19-2012, 01:12 PM
if you can shoot from range

if you cant come packing as mush heat as you can and bring hypos and weapon buffs oh and tribbles you cant for get them
Rihannsu
# 9
07-19-2012, 01:28 PM
I've actually managed to pull off the MEDIUM exterior missions solo, so.... it's not that hard. Avoid staying in open areas, memorize the spawn points and stay away from them, keep watching for enemy spawns. It DOES get the job done eventually, even on Medium.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 10
07-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Tactical: Shard of Possibilities and Security Team are more than enough to quickly kill one tholian, and divert the attention of many of them.

Engineers: turrets, mines, and shields.

Science: HEAL!

seriously, my medic has an easier time surviving the Bravo level inside than my tactical can just because I can keep myself easily healed.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition