Captain
The Good:

1. They hardly ever drop. I have been genuinely been surprised when a Lockbox shows up rather than "Sigh, another one?".

2. It is now possible to go an entire match without seeing a single lockbox. Yay!

3. Everything is useful. It doesn't matter who you are, you can use Doffs, ships, point boosts, consoles, etc. or you can sell it to someone who does. (If the exchange could be fixed that is, but that's a rant for another thread)

4. They don't drop consumables upon opening.

5. Lobi drop rates have been increased! The exchange rate is no longer one key to one lobi!

6. The Subspace Jump console. That is all.

The Bad:

1. They still drop as loot. I liked the Loffpack because it didn't.

2. One consumable to one lobi is a bit expensive. It should be 30 for 1, or 50 for 1. Make it worth that lobi. If one person can supply a couple of fleet mates to run around Nukura for the fleet event, it would make it more worthwhile to make that purchase. It would also make them more likely to do it again if said consumables make a difference.

3. 4 lobi's is a lot better, but it's still a little on the low side of life, even 5 lobi's would make that all the better.

4. The Ferengi Lobi store item roster was more varied. It had a Boff, ships, a console, weapons, both ground and space, pets, and multiple costume items. The Tholian item roster has ships, pets, consumables, a sword, and exactly one costume item. That's kind of a downgrade.

The Ugly:

1. All the old items have been removed. I know this was going to be part of the Lobi Store from the beginning, but some items (Like the Whip) should have stayed. Plus, I think you should have warned us that they were coming out. I think you would have pushed a few of the fence-sitters over that way, instead of yanking the carpet out from under them. (Hell, you could have even done a promotional even where the items are cheaper, or the lockboxes drop more lobi's.)

2. This lockbox weapon is an almost 400% price increase since the previous one. The Whip was 15 Lobi, the Sword is 50. Which is a shame, cause I kind of wanted one of the comical, it looks like something out of the Gundam-verse. I would have done it for 15. But 50? That's a bit much.

3. To get the most out of the Tholian ground set, you have to pay 150 lobi to upgrade it AFTER you already grind for it. That is pure Dickery. Earnable sets and purchasable sets should be wholly separate entities. Period.

So... all in all, the good doesn't quite outweigh the bad, but at least they're about equal. I'll wait for the next one to capture my heart.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.

Last edited by centersolace; 07-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-21-2012, 03:42 PM
I think they always said the Lobi store would rotate (something the STF store has still not done). And while the whip is cheaper, the Tholian sword has some kind of deflection power or something, right?
Career Officer
# 3
07-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah I missed buying the whip. Didn't know the store was going to change. And the Ferengi Box FAQ didn't list any kind of box end or lobi change date.
Commander
# 4
07-21-2012, 05:58 PM
I just like the fact that the box isn't split into "qualities", green, purple, gold, etc, so your chances of getting everything is fairly equal.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Captain
# 5
07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
I just like the fact that the box isn't split into "qualities", green, purple, gold, etc, so your chances of getting everything is fairly equal.
I like that too, there's no sense of "Something Hiding from Me" that gold lockboxes have. Feeling like you're getting ripped off when someone else gets it, and when you finally manage to beat the odds and get one.... you get crap.

Who knew getting rid of the shiniest shiny, it made the other shinies shinier. Smart move Cryptic.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Damn! I thought we were gonna talk about a Clint Eastwood movie.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Captain
# 7
07-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Damn! I thought we were gonna talk about a Clint Eastwood movie.

Commander
# 8
07-21-2012, 11:33 PM
That the lockboxes are all of a single quality and that they're no longer a quality that triggers endless spam of loot rolls was a really, really good change.
Lieutenant
# 9
07-22-2012, 02:48 AM
I opened 5 of the old lockboxes. Two gold, three normal ones. Got nothing of interest. Just some sp boost rubbish and a consumable hota pet. I already got two versions of the horta pet. I got about 4 or 5 of them crystals. One box did not contain any. Not even enough to get anything.

Lockboxes seem like a bunch of garbage to me.
Commander
# 10
07-22-2012, 04:49 AM
I like the new Boxes, as with all fresh major patches I made a crapton of EC.
And still I like them enough to go the hard way: Buying a Recluse for 800 Lobi instead of just buying on Exchange ...

Even taking this out of the equation:

The Fleet Boni drop quite often (I started putting them in the fleetbank for others), but still the other stuff is worth enough to reduce the costs of each key by a lot or come even.

Tholian Boxes are fine for me.