Captain
I was reading the patch notes earlier:

"Changed the Quality Color of Devidian Cane, Sword/Shard or Khaless, Shard of Possibilities, some unique tribbles and a couple more items to the new Gold "Unique" color."

Has this actually changed for anyone to the new Gold colour? My Devidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities are both still Purple quality...
Career Officer
# 2
07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I was reading the patch notes earlier:

"Changed the Quality Color of Devidian Cane, Sword/Shard or Khaless, Shard of Possibilities, some unique tribbles and a couple more items to the new Gold "Unique" color."

Has this actually changed for anyone to the new Gold colour? My Devidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities are both still Purple quality...
Mine as well, I tried to equip and unequip each but no change, possibly only new instances will have the new colors?
Captain
# 3
07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Must not have worked, I don't see any change either.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I only had one of my items color changed to gold and that was the Photonic Tribble box when it is packed up and the gold is really just like an orange yellow and looks really bad compared to the other item borders.
Captain
# 5
07-19-2012, 11:16 PM
None of the rarities changed on my Fed character (except a boxed photonic tribble), but they did on my Klink. (Ones I saw were my Radan Tribble and my Tribble of Borg... they were gold on my Klink and Purple on my Fed.)
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-20-2012, 12:22 AM
My Devidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities are still purple too
Commander
# 7
07-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Yep Fed shards the same/ KDF Shard sword hasn't changed. I'm assuming it's only on newly acquired items maybe?
Career Officer
# 8
07-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Be grateful that they didn't change anything to the new "ultra-violet" rarity. That would make stuff invisible.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Didn't have much change for me either besides my boxed photonic tribbles and I saw as well that a hargh'peng torpedo in my inventory was now very rare purple whilst hargh'pengs in my bank were still blue, same mark as well.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 10
07-20-2012, 05:17 AM
Mine did not change either.

The gold unique items are supposed to look like my picture with the gold overlay.

I was thinking they were saving Gold for something special, not the little unique items.

Gold is supposed to designate mythical or legendary items.
Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'