Lieutenant
# 1 Voyager Bundle Pack
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi STO community,

I posted a thread about a Voyager bundle a while back, but it died, and after rethinking the idea, I thought I'd post my ideas here.

Essentially, what we need in a Voyager Bundle pack is the following:

Voyager Interior - Bridge, Engineering, Transporter Room, Hallway 1, Hallway 2

SC-4 Shuttle - with [Ablative Hull Armour - S] console and [Transphasic Torpedo Launcher - S]

SC-4 Non-Combat Shuttle Pet

Compression Phaser Rifle that scales as you level

[Uncommon Ocampa Nurse Duty Officer]
[Rare Talaxian Chef Duty Officer]
[Very Rare Liberated Borg Astrometrics Scientist]

Talaxian Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for Federation accounts.
Kazon Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for KDF accounts.

I look forward to the community's feedback on this idea.
Career Officer
# 2
07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I like your duty officer ideas and I think that would be the easiest to do. Not to sure about the Talaxian and Kazon bridge officers though. Right now those two races are exclusive to the Delta Quadrant and so far, STO hasn't really delved into that region of space. I just don't think the developers will create new species that don't have NPC applications. If they do eventually have some episodes with those races, then yeah, they ought to make them playable and bridge officers. I like the interior ideas too, especially since the existing interiors don't do a good job of imitating the interior of the Intrepid Class.
Captain
# 3
07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd be more than keen to see a Voyager bundle!

Let's have a look at each idea, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlak47 View Post
Based on the preview videos I've seen of other canon bridge packs, you're missing quite a few locations. My picks would be:

• Deck 1 - Bridge with a way to customise positioning of BOffs, as well as Ready Room on the port side and Briefing Room on the starboard side.

• Deck 2 - Officer's Mess with Counselor, Chef and Bartender DOff contacts

• Deck 3 - Captain's Quarters

• Deck 4 - Transporter Room and Brig with Security Officer DOff contact

• Deck 5 - Science Lab with Science Officer DOff contact, Sickbay + Morgue with Medical Officer DOff contact

• Deck 6 - Holodeck with possibility to play a Captain Proton holonovel.

• Deck 8 - Astrometrics

• Deck 10 - Shuttlebays 1 and 2, with NPC contact to allow selection of small craft.

• Deck 11 - Main Engineering with Engineering Officer DOff contact (I'd personally move the Ops Officer DOff contact to the bridge, possibly having the later automatically use the costume of whoever's my Chief of Ops)

Room locations are based on Strategic Design's deck-by-deck schematics from Cygnus-X1.net, and I've opted for having them on the actual decks for authenticity. I've also skipped 7, 9 and 12-15 as they aren't depicted in the TV series.
Quote:
SC-4 Shuttle - with [Ablative Hull Armour - S] console and [Transphasic Torpedo Launcher - S]
I'm very fond of the Type-9 shuttlecraft as well - perhaps there could be a choice of either the standard skin and the Adm Janeway SC-4 skin?

Also, a proper interior.

Quote:
This I'd rather just have in the standard Type-9 livery, but with the appropriate ship registry.

Quote:
Compression Phaser Rifle that scales as you level
Not a fan of that design, but not my call.

Quote:
[Uncommon Ocampa Nurse Duty Officer]
[Rare Talaxian Chef Duty Officer]
[Very Rare Liberated Borg Astrometrics Scientist]
Yep - no questions asked.

Quote:
Talaxian Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for Federation accounts.
Kazon Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for KDF accounts.
But only when an FE for the Delta Quadrant has been opened up.

Now, for some of my own suggestions:

• Perhaps an unlockable Captain's Yacht variant - the never-seen Voyager Aeroshuttle? - Basically, 400-Day Veterans who have the Captain's Yacht AND have bought the Voyager bundle would get an alternative skin for their flyable Yacht.

• Allow the user to toggle the LCARS color scheme - the canon multicolored ones or the 2400 blue theme.

• Each room should be modular, so that in the future if Cryptic uses Neverwinter's Foundry system to allow players to customise ship interiors room by room, said players would be able to expand on the ship interiors themselves.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Can it have a Janeway Hologram that I can kill over and over and over, various and sundry ways, all horribly painful? I'd buy that.
Captain
# 5
07-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I agree with every part of the OP suggestion. In the words of Capt. Picard;

Make it so!
Lieutenant
# 6
07-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Interior - Maybe not put all the rooms on as many decks, condense it down, similar to the current format. Also like the ideas for where to put doff contacts. Maybe not worry so much about BO places on the bridge as a whole new game mechanic would need to be created.

Species - To be fair, Sela has allies from the Delta Quadrant (the Hirogen) and the KDF and Starfleet must have considered it by now (especially now that we have transwarp and quantum slipstream drive. We could at least get the Neelix and the talaxian settlement where he left.

Also, loving the idea of a Delta Quadrant FE series (possibly based around the second Caretaker array? or the Borg's recent strength is due to a new unicomplex? and we'll be going to the Delta Quadrant if and when 'Into the Hive' STF is released anyway). That would be a great time to release the pack (like the Belfast/Defiant pack when the Dominion FE series was playing).
Lastly, no crusty8mac, you may not have a killable Janeway hologram. (If you read the book 'Before Dishonour' she got assimilated, I'm sure that will satisfy your needs).

Loving the feedback guys, keep it coming and any other suggestions, if the Devs see this we might kickstart them into action (there is a bundle in the pipes according to one of the Engineering reports recently).
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-20-2012, 01:40 AM
I like the ideas suggested, however to be fair I think something substantial for the KDF should also be included, like a Kazon interior and a Kazon weapon in replace over the Federation ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 8
07-20-2012, 01:42 AM
It should also come with a 'Warship Voyager' ship and uniform costumes, just for the lulz. Also, because evil Janeway = awesome. Love the black gloves, too.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ng_Witness.jpg

"Captain, don't you think that's excessive?"
"You picked a bad time to have second thoughts, ambassador."
"I want them defeated, but... but this is genocide."
"Defeat? Genocide? Why quibble with semantics?"

- Vaskan diplomat and Evil Janeway

Last edited by aethon3050; 07-20-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Captain
# 9
07-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
It should also come with a 'Warship Voyager' ship and uniform costumes, just for the lulz. Also, because evil Janeway = awesome. Love the black gloves, too.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ng_Witness.jpg

"Captain, don't you think that's excessive?"
"You picked a bad time to have second thoughts, ambassador."
"I want them defeated, but... but this is genocide."
"Defeat? Genocide? Why quibble with semantics?"

- Vaskan diplomat and Evil Janeway
The "Living Witness" style uniform is already in the game. It's the same as the DS9 Uniform Pack, just replace the turtleneck color (black instead of gray), and skip the rank and combadge. Might wanna also wear a set of gloves (full black ofcourse).
Commander
# 10
07-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Memory is failing me, lol; I was thinking they actually had a slightly different uniform.