Starfleet Veteran
# 31
07-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Not sure about the Ocampa and Talaxian duty officers. Ocampans are 70,000 light years away and most likely confined to their region of space. Talaxians might be a bit closer, but still they are thousands of light years away. If there is a wormhole or mission to the Delta Quadrant, then it would make sense. Due to the numerous liberated borg out there, then a very rare liberated borg female astrometrics scientist is a good idea.

Have a problem with Kazon Bridge Officers and playable Kazon. If a species is rejected by the Borg, then they are not good enough for me. I doubt the Klingons would accept allies that were rejected by the Borg.
slipstream drive

getting to and from the delta quadrant isnt as hard as it once was
in fact in the novels the federation sends a small task force ' project full circle' back there to follow up on voyagers journey home and make lasting contact with species encountered along the way

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Full_Circle

that said , the books canonicity is often derided . even though the luna and upcoming vesta are from them
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
07-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
That would be ridiculously overpowered - besides, the actual destructive power depicted was merely part of a daydream sequence rather than reality.

Probably better for a Vidiian Z-store ship.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of a "universal" career BOff, and even less so about one that is only used in dire emergencies. I'd sooner see the addition of Holographic BOff candidates of each career than this.

I feel that goes against Starfleet and Klingon ideals - sure, they're at war with each other, but I don't think they'd stoop to such lows.

70,000 LY, you say?

Admiral Quinn's secretary is an Ocampan.
And for a DOFF assignment: Receive Ocampan/Talaxian Dignitaries.
Ensign
# 33
07-29-2012, 05:02 PM
I like the idea of a Voyager theamed pack but it is also leaving the K.D.F high and dry for new content yet again. I really like most the ideas but on the opposite side of the coin what can a K.D.F plaayer get out of it? I dont have a K.D.F toon but I would think they should still be able to get something.
Proud Co-founder of Caitian Fleet a Caitian only fleet
Captain
# 34
07-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
And for a DOFF assignment: Receive Ocampan/Talaxian Dignitaries.
Such a DOff Assignment would only happen if and when they release a Delta Quadrant FE series featuring new sector block(s).

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
# 35
07-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlak47 View Post
Hi STO community,

I posted a thread about a Voyager bundle a while back, but it died, and after rethinking the idea, I thought I'd post my ideas here.

Essentially, what we need in a Voyager Bundle pack is the following:

Voyager Interior - Bridge, Engineering, Transporter Room, Hallway 1, Hallway 2

SC-4 Shuttle - with [Ablative Hull Armour - S] console and [Transphasic Torpedo Launcher - S]

SC-4 Non-Combat Shuttle Pet

Compression Phaser Rifle that scales as you level

[Uncommon Ocampa Nurse Duty Officer]
[Rare Talaxian Chef Duty Officer]
[Very Rare Liberated Borg Astrometrics Scientist]

Talaxian Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for Federation accounts.
Kazon Bridge Officers and Playable Species to be released at the same time for same price as Ferasan for KDF accounts.

I look forward to the community's feedback on this idea.

And a free Intrepid class ship for Federation characters and a free (Insert Klingon ship here) for Klingon characters to celebrate the pack.
Captain
# 36
07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
And a free Intrepid class ship for Federation characters and a free (Insert Klingon ship here) for Klingon characters to celebrate the pack.
Nope to both points.

Bundles aren't supposed to have full ships. One can already get a Intrepid with a free ship requisition token when one first reaches Captain. The most we'll see is a Type-9 shuttlecraft.

Klingons as a faction weren't even featured much in Voyager (apart from Chief Engineer B'Elanna Torres and some Klingon vagabonds) - how can you justify a Klingon ship in a Starfleet bundle pack?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 37
07-29-2012, 08:15 PM
In a sense, something like the DS9 bundle. I think that's great, and you can get the phaser rifle and pistol designs on your Klink toon + doffs too.

Definitely backing this one. And maybe, someday, we'd get a TNG and Movie bundle too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Commander
# 38
07-29-2012, 08:29 PM
I would love a First Contact bundle...
Captain
# 39
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asardetemplari View Post
I would love a First Contact bundle...
Off topic. This is VOY, not TNG.

Commander
# 40
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Off topic. This is VOY, not TNG.
"Definitely backing this one. And maybe, someday, we'd get a TNG and Movie bundle too!"

They brought it up, not me.