Career Officer
# 21
08-03-2012, 08:59 AM
I unpacked and took the MU Battlecruiser for a test drive last night.

I liked the ship. Turn rate was good. DPS was pretty good with 3 tac consoles and +15 weapon power. Healing very good with the BO layout options.

However, at the end of a handful of Fleet missions and STFs, I switched back to running the D'Kora, mainly because I felt the D'kora offers a little better platform for switching between DPS and healing with the change of a few BOs, swapping around some set pieces and dropping in/out of battle mode.

There weren't too many visual customization options, although the MU skin type was interesting. It made me wish there was a way to disable the visual affect of running certain shields, so you could get the benefit but keep the look of the orignal ship.

I was a little put off by the 1200 zen cost of the alternate skin for the MU cruiser. I would have probably plunked down 400 zen without thinking about it, instead I skipped the skin.

If there was an easier, quicker way to switch between ships, I'd definitely consider having the MU Battlecruiser set up for specific duties.
Empire Veteran
# 22
08-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaxx View Post
There weren't too many visual customization options, although the MU skin type was interesting. It made me wish there was a way to disable the visual affect of running certain shields, so you could get the benefit but keep the look of the orignal ship.
Right-click on the shields and select 'Disable Visuals'.

Last edited by zordar01; 08-03-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Captain
# 23
08-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Its a nerfed Vorcha basically. It has one less ensign tac station and gets an extra ensign sci station instead. The Vorcha is one of the few cruisers that can effectively use dual heavy cannons, but is still short on tac skills, and is a little more squishy then a Negvar or Sovereign. With the regular Vorcha layout you can run cannon rapid fire 1 and still have room for 2 tac teams, or 1 tac team and a torp skill. The mirror Vorcha just doesn't pack as much punch for a offensive oriented cruiser.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Lieutenant
# 24
08-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Does the mu vor'cha really have +5 to all subsystems and +10 to weapons and engines?
Career Officer
# 25
08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt8-lDmbpeQ&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSuV0B8dbw&feature=plcp

Let me say that yes you can use DHCs or just duals. Im starting to lean towards duals only because on the ships without the LTcmdr tactical station you don't really have the room for decent cannon abilities. The Bortas does, the others do not. So for the lower tac stations torpedo spread wins.

I've just gotten the fleet D-7 its great I love it. So very fast. Fleet Vorcha is going to be so good can't wait to get that one and load up some cannons on it too!

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 26
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Indeed, the Fleet Vor'Cha is badass in alot of different ways. A true "Battlecruiser."
Captain
# 27
08-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaxx View Post
I unpacked and took the MU Battlecruiser for a test drive last night.

I liked the ship. Turn rate was good. DPS was pretty good with 3 tac consoles and +15 weapon power. Healing very good with the BO layout options.

However, at the end of a handful of Fleet missions and STFs, I switched back to running the D'Kora, mainly because I felt the D'kora offers a little better platform for switching between DPS and healing with the change of a few BOs, swapping around some set pieces and dropping in/out of battle mode.

I was a little put off by the 1200 zen cost of the alternate skin for the MU cruiser. I would have probably plunked down 400 zen without thinking about it, instead I skipped the skin.

If there was an easier, quicker way to switch between ships, I'd definitely consider having the MU Battlecruiser set up for specific duties.
Of course a Lockbox Ship is better. Cryptic had no idea what game balance meant when putting out most of those ships.
Career Officer
# 28
08-04-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Of course a Lockbox Ship is better. Cryptic had no idea what game balance meant when putting out most of those ships.
I must say, IMHO, it still comes down to good Captain versus poor Captain. Even though I feel I have a very strong couple of PvE D'Kora builds, I have a bit more trouble in a PvP.

Last edited by shadowaxx; 08-04-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 29
08-04-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I've just gotten the fleet D-7 its great I love it. So very fast. Fleet Vorcha is going to be so good can't wait to get that one and load up some cannons on it too!

Cheers and happy flying!
I really envy you folks with larger fleet populations. Still working toward tier 1 here.
Career Officer
# 30
08-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I think there's currently 4 of us. Join us and lets see.......that would be.....carry the 2......ummmm

Then we'd have 5 members.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.