Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
With those doff missions about the Caitian Diaspora, we have learned quite a lot about the Caitians in STO:
  • Caitians are gengineered Ferasans. For the transformation, Nepata leaves were used somehow. (Caitian Diaspora chain)
  • About 800 years ago, those genetically changed Ferasans left Ferasa and settled on an unspecified planet, which they later left to settle the Caitian homeworld. (Caitian Diaspora chain)
  • Some time after settling that planet, they suffered a terrible starvation period, which transformed their culture "for ever". (Doff mission "analyse digested remains.)

What else did you get from those doff missions, or from other sources?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Ensign
# 2
07-20-2012, 03:44 AM
I only know pretty much what you've said there, interesting history, would like to know more - I play a Caitian and a Ferasan too, have to say I think they are the most interesting looking.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-20-2012, 03:53 AM
I think there is at least one other doff mission that tells about this... but I am not aware of having completed it. Anyone?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Commander
# 4
07-20-2012, 03:55 AM
i think ... they were in war with all breeds of dog.

Subscribed For: 1400+ Days
Captain
# 5
07-22-2012, 01:27 AM
I like my Caitian G'rowler. Triple pony tail, stripy tats on face. Hes an imposing looking kitty! All the fleet guys just call him 'The Cat'

Yes Id like to know more about the Kitties and maybe more Catian ships and goodies too.
Captain
# 6
07-22-2012, 06:58 AM
They were introduced as an exotic alien race in the Trek animated series because the live action show didn't have the budget for them and the creators of Trek wanted to show that there were true "aliens" out there and not just people in makeup with pointy ears.

30 years later, a subculture of internet dwellers who have a sexual fetish for human/animal hybrids (and feel the need to impose them on every established fiction) have created an enormous fan following around Caitians, especially the female ones with long flowing hair.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
[*] Caitians are gengineered Ferasans. For the transformation, Nepata leaves were used somehow. (Caitian Diaspora chain)
I got the impression that the Ferasans started manipulating there DNA and the Catians split off wanting no part of it.

I'll have to go read both sides of the chain again to be sure.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Career Officer
# 8
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
...because the live action show didn't have the budget for them and the creators of Trek wanted to show that there were true "aliens" out there and not just people in makeup with pointy ears.

And they did that by creating a race of cat people...
Commander
# 9
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
The Cat's sense of style and fashion is impeccable.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Actually Caitians also showed up in at least one of the TOS movies.

TAS had a few things about their history too.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Caitian
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.