Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 54
# 41
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
This was in discussion on the 'SHIP TRADES' in game chat channel this morning... I don't think I will get one of the fleet ships. too rich for my blood...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 42
07-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeyedraven View Post
... or if you own a T5-variant of the fleet-vessel you want, you only need 1 module. However it still is 220000 Fleet-Credits till then.
I constantly see people referring to this, and I do hope it's accurate. But the in-game UI most certainly does not ever show "1" module. Always 4.

Perhaps it doesn't need to be accurate if the Shipyard Tier is not unlocked (all of my Store ships are higher than Tier 1 Shipyard), but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Edit: thanks @qjunior. Still waiting to see what happens. With all the S6 brokenness it's just one more thing on the list to not jump to conclusions about, or trust hearsay. Gotta see it for myself.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 07-21-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 770
# 43
07-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
I constantly see people referring to this, and I do hope it's accurate. But the in-game UI most certainly does not ever show "1" module. Always 4.

Perhaps it doesn't need to be accurate if the Shipyard Tier is not unlocked (all of my Store ships are higher than Tier 1 Shipyard), but it doesn't inspire confidence.
It?s a T5 store-bought ship that grants the discount, not a fleet retrofit like the poster you quoted refered to.
Klingon Helmsman: "Captain, we`re approaching our targets !"

Klingon Captain: "I said Quiet, you idiot ! Now you broke our cloak !"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 44
07-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
It really does seem odd that people have to grind through getting fleet credit, and then pay money. It really should be one or the other - grind or pay.
You're forgetting the facts, otherwise you'd know what you said is already true.
  • 1. Dozens and dozens of modules are on the exchange, at a rate far lower than master keys. Easy EC flip. (Protip: They're under Data Samples, don't search "All".)
  • 2. It is still entirely possible to grind 2000 points on the dilith exchange, I know because I have fleeties who do it to buy ships.
  • 3. In an active fleet there should be the possibility of donations and giveaways. We had a module awarded during our trivia contest last night. Someone bought a ship during the meeting too!
  • 4. If fleet modules didn't exist, the best spec ships in the game would cut into F2P profits. No monitization, no game. Should they be cheaper? Of course, but we're the consumer. See point 1. Let the buyer beware.
  • 5. All that money I already spent on the MVAE and Defiant? Still counts for getting my Uber Fleet ship. I don't feel cheated because I'll have the best of the best, I don't throw those Store ship benefits out the airlock by upgrading.
  • 6. Stipend.
  • 7. I repeat, the EC exchange exists to say "this has a market value between players". If it is not bound - and just like Unreplicatables and Keys, Modules are not - you will never be forced to pay your money for it. Yeah the exchange is the Broke Du Jour right now, but have you seen the new Sort options? Awesome for comparison shopping.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 07-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 48
# 45
07-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
What does not help is the depletion of common exchange items, and how their demand has caused prices to skyrocket. Duty officers specifically.

Actually, that's the best thing - ever.

Totally useless crap is now valuable. That's awesome. It rarely happens in games, and I have to commend the team for coming up with such a robust way to stimulate the economy.



That said, I'm trying to buy a ship and it says I need 4 fleet things, but I already have the C-store version...is there a bug?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 46
07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
1. Dozens and dozens of modules are on the exchange, at a rate far lower than master keys. Easy EC flip. (Protip: They're under Data Samples, don't search "All".)
Exactly how much is "far lower"? Plus that would still require grinding EC, which I admit is not the hardest thing to do in STO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
2. It is still entirely possible to grind 2000 points on the dilith exchange, I know because I have fleeties who do it to buy ships.
Really? Cause my current understanding of the Dilithium Exchange is that if I took my roughly 12,000 Dilithium I could get 40 zen. So for the 2500 zen I would need I would have to get around 600,000 Dilithium.



So as I currently understand it my choices are grind, grind, grind, or pay money. So it seems to me that if I don't have a lot of time to play, or simply hate grinding, I am SOL.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 85
# 47
07-22-2012, 08:09 PM
On the Modules in exchange. Every time I've looked they were well over 10m per. Many times they were listed as almost as much as one of these lockbox ships. For one Module.

The cost of these fleet ships as stated before is much more then just the listed.

I was under the impression from what was stated that the cost of the ship was supposed to reflect this. So either this was not true or they believe the ships are worth far more then they are. I see no other way to look at it.

Also, some of these fleet ships are really nothing more them a refit.
Compare for example the Recon science and the Fleet Recon Science. You get 1 console, a little over 2k armor, and the name fleet. Not a single universal seat even. I don't see doing all the work to get to the point of buying it, and dishing out for those 4 modules for so little. So what makes this example ship a fleet ship?

I can's see spending even one module on some of these slightly refit basic ships let alone 4.

I understand it being toon and not account wide, but that also should have been factored into the cost.

Really these are just more of the same, gotta catch them all things that people will feel pressured into getting. Not forced. While no one is forcing someone into getting them They are bombarded with these things to the point they feel they NEED them.

(EDIT)
Current price for 1 module is down to 6.5 mil.

Last edited by kilemorgan; 07-23-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 48
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemorgan View Post
On the Modules in exchange. Every time I've looked they were well over 10m per. Many times they were listed as almost as much as one of these lockbox ships. For one Module.

The cost of these fleet ships as stated before is much more then just the listed.

I was under the impression from what was stated that the cost of the ship was supposed to reflect this. So either this was not true or they believe the ships are worth far more then they are. I see no other way to look at it.

Also, some of these fleet ships are really nothing more them a refit.
Compare for example the Recon science and the Fleet Recon Science. You get 1 console, a little over 2k armor, and the name fleet. Not a single universal seat even. I don't see doing all the work to get to the point of buying it, and dishing out for those 4 modules for so little. So what makes this example ship a fleet ship?

I can's see spending even one module on some of these slightly refit basic ships let alone 4.

I understand it being toon and not account wide, but that also should have been factored into the cost.

Really these are just more of the same, gotta catch them all things that people will feel pressured into getting. Not forced. While no one is forcing someone into getting them They are bombarded with these things to the point they feel they NEED them.
I gotta agree with this, the reward just does not seem worth the investment.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 48
# 49
07-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaynar View Post
Really? Cause my current understanding of the Dilithium Exchange is that if I took my roughly 12,000 Dilithium I could get 40 zen. So for the 2500 zen I would need I would have to get around 600,000 Dilithium.


So as I currently understand it my choices are grind, grind, grind, or pay money. So it seems to me that if I don't have a lot of time to play, or simply hate grinding, I am SOL.
Have you ever played an MMO before?

Serious question.

MMO's are about grinding. If you grind, you get better/more stuff.

We are VERY lucky that they allow us to buy our way out of the grind - most games give you no choice.

That said, you need to learn how to DOff. You can earn 600K Dilith in a few weeks, especially if you do it on multiple characters.

Do you expect them to just hand everything to you? I don't want to grind, I don't want to pay, I just want to sit here and have everything presented on a silver platter...that's what some of you guys sound like.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 81
# 50
07-23-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrojaneway View Post
Have you ever played an MMO before?

Serious question.

MMO's are about grinding. If you grind, you get better/more stuff.

We are VERY lucky that they allow us to buy our way out of the grind - most games give you no choice.

That said, you need to learn how to DOff. You can earn 600K Dilith in a few weeks, especially if you do it on multiple characters.

Do you expect them to just hand everything to you? I don't want to grind, I don't want to pay, I just want to sit here and have everything presented on a silver platter...that's what some of you guys sound like.

Yes, I know you have to grind in any MMO. What I am saying is that the grinding to reward ratio just does not seem worth it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.