Captain
Hey, folks.

I'd like to think when I use a cruiser I produce a fairly tough nut to crack, at least in PvE. However, I have two vexing thorns - one-hit kill torps and the phaser proc, the latter of which I'm asking about.

The phaser proc usually comes up for me in the Mirror Universe event, and when you have 20-30 ships pounding your face in with phasers, eventually someone is going to hit the proc that knocks your shields offline. If they manage to actually dig in and make good on that, about 50% of the time afterwards, I pop, and, frankly, I'm sick of it.

As such, I would like to inquire as to whether or not the Starship Subsystem Repair skill is worth investing more into. I've already got it to level 4, and I am wondering if I should bring it up to level 6. If this would NOT work I would like to know what, if any, alternate strategies I ought to employ.

For some information on my build, I usually use an Odyssey Tactical Cruiser, with the three-pack consoles on board. I also use an Assault Cruiser and an Excelsior Retrofit at times. My defensive/repair abilities are Emergency Power to Shields 2/3 (rotated), Tac Team 1 (two copies, rotated), Hazard Emitters 2, and Aux to SIF3 (rotated). I am a tactical captain, with the Accurate and Elusive traits, and normally run at a fairly high shield power (over 100 with EPtS active). I currently use the Borg shield, engine and deflector (I will replace the Borg shield with MACO when I can get the Borg console). I usually have two to three neutronium Mk XI blue equipped, depending on the specific ship in question (sometimes the third slot is taken up by an Ody console).

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, from a baseline at http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm , it doesn't seem like anyone actually knows how much those points alter your subsystem reboots. Honestly, if you're having that much trouble I'd suggest carrying around a shield battery over putting more points into subsystem. Like many skills, it just isn't really worth investing much (if at all) into.