Starfleet Veteran
hello to the devs that might take a look at this , i have a question from the pvp side of things. i really hope you do answer my question because it also affects pve game play. why is the cost of building a star base so expensive when the gear is not even worth it?

the ships in lock boxes are better, the weps we get from drops and off exchange are much better, yet we have to spend an ungodly amount of dil for accx1 damage x3 mk12? im not asking for any accx3 weps. maybe that can be part of some pvp rep or just left as drops.

but the gear that comes from the star base isent great at all. sure it has a flashy color and a mk12 tag. but i can go to the exchange and get a mk12 wep with way better mods for under 200k ec. even hard core stf guys even understand this.

also what i dont understand is the advanced ground weps are better then the elite ground weps. now dont get me wrong, some of the stuff is nice. elite shields which are considered over powered and then the tact kit mk12 fire team. the mk12 fire team kit is over powered for ground pvp. fine we under stand power creep, but then why are the engineer and sci kits not up to par? first off an engineer can lay emplacements that look good. but if you have just 2 tacts on a ground stf that engineer is going to have a fail kit. the npc will be dead by the time the first mortar shell will hit the ground.

all the tacts are going to do is use suppression fire and use a sword with a critdx3 mod and mow down every npc. the borg cant use anything to slow down the tact since you can just use motion accletor. it will affect the whoel team but again the engineer is just going to be holding a gun and not really getting much of a chance to shoot anything.

see the thing is swords get 80% penetration, on top of that full omega gear gives crit, then we have 3 doffs as well to boost that crit. also the borg will not adapt to that damage.any ground stf can be completed with in a 6 minute time frame with a whole team using swords.

so i just ask that maybe the embassy kits gets another look at. not to nerf the tact kit but to bring engy and sci up to par with it. also maybe take a look at the ground and space weps from the star base.

edit, damage mod on any space wep is not going to be used by any hard core pvp'er or even a hard core pve'er. with all the dil going into a star base why would we want to spend even more dil for gear thats not even worth the price tag? ide rather send 600,000 ec for for any wep thats atlest accx2 with another mod. ground is all about the critdx3

Last edited by broken1981; 02-16-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
lets be honest, i can just pay fleets to let me use their provisions, lets say 10 mill each. so i get myself an elite fleet shield, and a mk12 fire team kit. well thats 20 mill. i just saved myself so much ec on just 1 toon. goes to show that investing over 50mill i wasted 30 mill just to brag about a star base level. i mean just try to add up how much dil and ec you put into the star base. well that dil could have been used to convert to c-points to convert to keys to make ec. most people dont even understand how much ec they could have made if they did not sink alot of res into a star base just to get crap gear.

side note, we all invested over 400mill. who here hasent just put 200,000 into a project alone? i know i have and many others as well. look at how much dil 1 project takes. well just think if you were to even covert 60,000 dil to c-points and buy keys to sell.
Empire Veteran
# 3
02-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Now lets really be honest, people don't have that kind of money to throw around. I have personally only eve had like 8 mil ec at my max and most people don't have like 20mil everytime they want one or two pieces of equipment.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
Now lets really be honest, people don't have that kind of money to throw around. I have personally only eve had like 8 mil ec at my max and most people don't have like 20mil everytime they want one or two pieces of equipment.
just think how much dil you put into the base. if you had used that to convert into c-points and then to keys you and everyone else would have been way over 400mill since start of the base.

just 2 days of getting max dil on 6 toons will get you 17 mill. just think about it like that.

but i understand your issue of the ec. but still, dont you think after all the dil you put into the star base the gear should be a bit better to reflect its cost?

Last edited by broken1981; 02-16-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Useful special projects would be nice too
for all the dilithium that gets dumped into it.

(I.E)

Target Bouys (dump some in the Holodeck and outsode the starbase) - Let us test our ships weapons etc againts Ensign,LT,Cmdr or Captain ranked objects.

Ship Outside the Window (A ship parked outside using one of the c-store interiors.. lots of doff stuff to do inside bla bla bla)
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-16-2013, 08:43 AM
very cool idea. dil projects should have a real use and not always be for looks
Captain
# 7
02-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Unless you PVP quite frequently, nothing is really worth paying that much dilithium, energy credits, or any currency to obtain. How many more times can we really run those STFs? Basically we're all flying a Pimp My Cargoship entry.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 8
02-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
ide rather send 600,000 ec for for any wep thats atlest accx2 with another mod.

Acc x2, a waste of EC/Dil. But old myths die hard.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Acc x2, a waste of EC/Dil. But old myths die hard.
ok then, hf with your damage x3 mods...........

even the hard core stf guys know damage mods suck hard
Commander
# 10
02-16-2013, 03:29 PM
I was running all Fleet Advanced XII Polaron DCH's and Turretts and thought I was doing good in Kerrat, then I spent some EC in the Exchange and got ACC X2 Crth DHC's and ACC x3 Turrets and wow what an improvement. There are players out there that will tell you different but on an Tac in an Escourt in PVP ACC modifer is much detter than the DMG modifer. I noticed a large and immediate improvement in how much more damage i was doing and how much faster my targets shields were dropping. The only change I made was changing the Fleet weps for exchange weps with XII ACC x2 Crth modifers

Last edited by admgreer; 02-16-2013 at 03:34 PM.