Career Officer
# 91
07-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
...and didn't feel like a long tv episode.
You don't like long episodes of TNG??
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Lt. Commander
# 92
07-23-2012, 10:50 AM
The two most stupid moments in Star Trek History:

1. Giving a man who hates Star Trek the opportunity to direct a Star Trek movie.

2. CBS asking the people who make Star Trek: Phase II not to film "He Walked Among Us" after letting them film other episodes based on scripts that were rejected or canceled.
Lieutenant
# 93
07-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
The transporter's generally not used in combat because you have to drop your own shields. Otherwise, you could disable an enemy's shield, and then beam their bridge and engineering staff straight to your brig and take control of their ship.

Although knowing Trek there are probably a couple of occassions where that restriction is ignored.
Fair point. But the 'beaming through raised shields' thing cropped up in a TOS ep. I only saw it recently (been watching the sets at 2-3 eps per night), but I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head.
Then again it was good ol' Jim Kirk, and apparently he was capable of anything.
Captain
# 94
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr37 View Post
Fair point. But the 'beaming through raised shields' thing cropped up in a TOS ep. I only saw it recently (been watching the sets at 2-3 eps per night), but I can't remember which one it was off the top of my head.
Anything. That includes winning the No-Win Scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 95
07-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr37 View Post
In 'Relics', Geordie and Scotty beam through the Jenolan's sheild while it's being used to prop open the big door, allowing the Enterprise to escape.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Rihannsu
# 96
07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Do not diss the greatness that was "Conspiracy"!

It actually was a pretty cool episode. It's unfortuante that the producers decided to rework the antagonists into the Borg and dropped that race entirely.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 97
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
In 'Relics', Geordie and Scotty beam through the Jenolan's sheild while it's being used to prop open the big door, allowing the Enterprise to escape.
Scottie is king though, there is nothing he cannot do.

Jim
Rihannsu
# 98
07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
You can beam through a shield if you can match the frequency of the shield harmonic. That doesn't work in combat because the shield harmonics get thrown off by weapons fire.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 99
07-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
it's sad that in the TNG feature film era, we only had one out of four that was halfway decent, and didn't feel like a long tv episode.
I have to disagree, ok First Contact is easily the best Trek film but the other TNG films are also good in their own way, in my opinion. Generations is great, the only thing that's any good and has Kirk in it and it kills him twice , Insurrection does feel somewhat like a TNG TV movie, but the TNG 2-parters are fairly enjoyable. Nemesis should have had Sela and not that random Picard clone but I like real (ridged) Romulans so I can let it slide. A D'deridex would also have been nice too but hey.

Also, while I'm here, Voyager is my 2nd favourite Trek series after DS9.

I think it's sad there's only 4 even halfway decent Trek films out of 11.
Lieutenant
# 100
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
When riker was in the Mental Hospital. I didn't even finish that episode.
Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato