Captain
# 21
07-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Voyager as a whole. I mean, in the pilot episode, why did they not strap a timer onto a torpedo, beam it over to the caretaker array, and have it blow after it sends them home? One might argue they didn't have the timers, but they do practically the same thing to a borg ship a few seasons later!

And then there's the silverblood, good god the silverblood....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Career Officer
# 22
07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
So many mentions of Voyager here, let us not forget TNG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wbfuBgbTE

Quote:
1. Geordi Roll

Sometimes called the Epic Geordi Maneuver it's a move often used by the protagonist of a television show or movie to escape a door that slowly closes from the top down, quite often used by Geordi La Forge to escape when a warp core breach is imminent.

It can also be applied in real life situations such as the closing of garage doors and any other overhead door, but it is not advisable to attempt a Geordi roll with any other type of door.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 23
07-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
So many mentions of Voyager here, let us not forget TNG...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0wbfuBgbTE
Do you think we could convince Cryptic to put that in the game as an alternate forward roll animation for Engineers?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Career Officer
# 24
07-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Do you think we could convince Cryptic to put that in the game as an alternate forward roll animation for Engineers?
I don't see why not. It IS canon.
Rihannsu
# 25
07-21-2012, 09:48 AM
"Brain? What is Brain?"

BWAHAHAAH!!!!!! Hilarious! Worse though was the episode about Gideon. A planet terminally overcrowded with people who don't ever die of natural causes? What? did they abolish war too? Seriously, wouldn't they be having issues with starvation and fights to the death over living space if the planet really has THAT many people?
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Anything dealing with the bioneural gelpacks. Apparently the Achilles Heel of a Starfleet Vessel is macaroni and cheese...

And then there's all the singing moments in TNG. Seriously why are these people breaking into song every other episode?

And of course 'A Night in Sickbay'.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Lieutenant
# 27
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Voyager as a whole. I mean, in the pilot episode, why did they not strap a timer onto a torpedo, beam it over to the caretaker array, and have it blow after it sends them home? One might argue they didn't have the timers, but they do practically the same thing to a borg ship a few seasons later!
Well...yeees. Fair point. Can't fault the logic.
And speaking of logic...in what universe could Janeway and Tuvok possibly be friends?
Janeway: "I can't accept that."
Tuvok: "Whether or not you choose to accept it, it is the reality. Refusing to accept the reality of a given situation is illogical. As is the lack of mutiny resulting in your death, or at least your permanent exile on the first world we find."

Hm. Might have to strike the Voyager and Enterprise sets from my wishlist...
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll go a different route (thou Voyager is repleat with gold for this topic)....

I didn't like Enterprise and their apparent lack of planning in everything that had to do with space travel.

Doesn't seem likely that, in the 100 years of warp-powered spaceflight between ST: First Contact and the start of Enterprise and after meeting at least Vulcans and Denobulins, that no one ever thought out what to do if, say, this shiny new ship ever happens to run into another soul somewhere out in the big, wide galaxy?

NASA had a 150 page manual on how to use and maintain the space-toilet on the shuttles. Surely someone would have thought out the "What we do when we meet aliens" procedure BEFORE sending people out to meet aliens.

And I am not talking about a lack of prime directive. That makes sense. I get that. I'm talking about having absolutely no idea or policy on anything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Oh, and I totally forgot the TOS episode where Kirk is being ridden like a horse by a midget and Spock is Flaminco dancing. Really. It happened. True story.
Career Officer
# 30
07-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Oh, and I totally forgot the TOS episode where Kirk is being ridden like a horse by a midget and Spock is Flaminco dancing. Really. It happened. True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc3CkQzy2mw

This footage should be locked away in a vault, under the ground, on another planet, forever.