Lieutenant
hi ,
id like to know if i can edit my bridge officers around?
ie make a science guy into an engineer for example?

also could it be possible to demote an officer ?
I seem to have too many LT Commanders, or is that
normal for a star fleet bridge?

milo
Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-20-2012, 10:27 AM
None of those things are possible.

I'm not even sure why you would want to demote an officer, but you can't.
Career Officer
# 3
07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
It doesn't make sense to have so many commanders on your bridge, but in order to take advantage of all of an officer's abilities, you need to promote all of your BOffs as high as you can.
Captain
# 4
07-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miloguyaussie View Post
hi ,

milo
You can't change the profession of a bridge officer. But, by the time you get to VA/LTG you will have so many points you can dismiss one officer and train another without thinking about it. Except for the special BOFFs. So if you wanted a Breen Science officer your out of luck.

It's not possible to demote an officer, but it is possible to put a lower rank on their uniforms.
All of my Engineers, that I take on away teams, are commanders. But on their uniforms they are either Lt Commanders or Lieutenants.
Career Officer
# 5
07-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Others have answered, but I would just add the following comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloguyaussie View Post
hi ,
No, you cannot change a bridge officer's (BOff's) profession. You cannot change his race or his innate racial traits. You can, however:

1. Change a BOff's appearance and uniform at the tailor.
2. Retrain any or all of a BOff's abilities to other abilities available for that BOff's profession. Any rank I or II level ability can be trained at the Bridge Officer trainer. Any Bridge Officer Candidate (a BOff you own but have not put on your crew yet) can be used to train a BOff on your crew of the same profession with one of the Candidate's abilities (you lose the candidate after doing this, so you can only train ability one per candidate). Finally, players earn the ability to train certain skills within their own professsion based on where they invest their captain's skill points. You can train any BOff in your profession (e.g., a Science Captain can train a Science BOff) with any skill you can train. You can also trade non-bound BOffs to other Captains to train the BOff with abilities they can train.
3. Dismiss a BOff and replace him on your crew with any other BOff. You can get new BOff candidates from a BOff "vendor" near the BOff trainer, from the Exchange, or from certain player missions and DOff (Duty Officer) assignments.

Quote:

milo

You cannot demote an officer, but neither do you have to promote an officer beyond the position he fills on your bridge. That is, if a BOff is only going to sit in a Lt. bridge station, he cannot use his Lt. Commander or Commander abilities, so you don't have to train him in those. If you don't train him in those, there is no need to promote him. Obviously, you will want a BOff on your Away team to be able to use all four of their ground abilities, so you will need all your away team members to be Commanders. On the other hand, as Bohiap indicates, you can put lower rank emblems on their uniforms if you want.

Therefore, you cannot "edit" a BOff's rank, profession, race, or racial traits, and you cannot demote him. You can, however, change all his abilities within his profession, change his appearance, and give him a lower rank on his uniform.

If you want him to be a different profession, then you can dismiss him and have another BOff of the profession you want join your crew. You can even rename the new BOff to the same name as the one you dismissed and change his appearance to look exactly like the one you dismissed (assuming they are both of the same race). That would have the same effect as being able to change the BOff in question's profession. You could even "change" his race or gender this way, so to speak.

So while you cannot directly edit an existing BOff as extensively as you are asking, you can still pretty much accomplish anything you could do if you could by other means.
Career Officer
# 6
07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorandy View Post
It doesn't make sense to have so many commanders on your bridge, but in order to take advantage of all of an officer's abilities, you need to promote all of your BOffs as high as you can.
Just give them two rank pips and pretend they're Lieutenants.