Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Here it says: http://www.stowiki.org/Science_Vessel_Retrofit it has a tactical ensign and a tactical console, which is exactly the same as a standard RA reconnaissance. Is this correct? Should it no have a tactical LtCmdr slot to be equivalent to the Olympic Retrofit?
Rihannsu
# 2
07-21-2012, 10:06 AM
yeah, Nova is one of the class names for those.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
Here it says: http://www.stowiki.org/Science_Vessel_Retrofit it has a tactical ensign and a tactical console, which is exactly the same as a standard RA reconnaissance. Is this correct? Should it no have a tactical LtCmdr slot to be equivalent to the Olympic Retrofit?
It's not quite the same, The Nova has some less shields and hull but its more agile and the fleet retrofit of the Nova does have a lt cmdr tac slot.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2012, 11:44 AM
If it has the same BOFF and the same console layout, it is pretty much the same ship. The scaling for hull<->turnrate is true for all ships of all classes anyway.

It's especially lame considering, that there are 2 RA-configurations still unused:

sci ensign + extra tac console

and

tac ltcmdr + extra tac console

The entire matrix basically looks like this:

cmdr/ltcmdr - ensign - extra console
-sci/sci - eng - eng (Deep Space)
-sci/sci - tac - tac (Reconnaissance + Nova Retrofit)
-sci/sci - sci - eng (Intrepid Retrofit)
-sci/sci - sci - tac (-missing-)
-sci/eng - sci - eng (Olympic Retrofit + D'Kyr)
-sci/tac - sci - tac (-missing-)

The 2 double occupied slots should move into the 2 empty slots. IMHO.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't know quite where you are getting this *matrix* from but not every ship can fit every measurement.

http://www.stowiki.org/Fleet_Science_Vessel_Retrofit

It exists.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2012, 12:57 PM
That's the fleet tier, I was talking about tier5.

Fleet Tier matrix is like this:

cmdr/ltcmdr - ensign - 2 extra consoles
-sci/sci-sci-eng&tac (Fleet Intrepid)
-sci/sci-sci-eng&eng (Fleet Olympic)
-sci/sci-sci-sci&eng
-sci/sci-sci-sci&tac
-sci/sci-sci-tac&tac

-sci/sci-tac-tac&tac (Fleet Reconnaissance)
-sci/sci-tac-eng&eng
-sci/sci-tac-eng&tac
-sci/sci-tac-sci&tac
-sci/sci-tac-sci&eng

-sci/sci-eng-eng&eng
-sci/sci-eng-tac&tac
-sci/sci-eng-eng&tac
-sci/sci-eng-sci&eng (Fleet Deep Space)
-sci/sci-eng-sci&tac

special:
-scit/ac-sci-eng&tac (Fleet Nova)
-sci/tac-sci-tac&tac
-sci/eng-sci-eng&eng (Fleet Nebula)
-sci/eng-sci-eng&tac

Last edited by allocater; 07-21-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't get quite what your getting at since you first *matrix* has changed from your second one, every fleet science vessel is different from one another. I'm sorry they can't fit what you want but they can't make everyone happy.

Every fleet vessel that does not have a tier 5 vessel had a standard retrofit thrown in...some of the stats might be very similar to ships already in game which is a little silly but the standard retrofits weren't meant to be end all be all of fleet goals.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Looking over that STO wiki page the Sci vessels all seem to have the Long Range or Intrepid's T5 BOFF layout which I know is wrong, checking in game would be better.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 9
07-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allocater View Post
Actually, it's inferior. It has the same Boff and Console layout, but reduced hull and a lower shield modifier.

The only thing it has over the Recon is a extra point in turn-rate, but that's not very significant considering the disadvantages; a Luna has no problem keeping DBBs and torps on target.

Personally, I think they should give the Science Vessel Retrofit the same boff layout as the Fleet Science Vessel Retrofit (see my sig link)
Career Officer
# 10
07-22-2012, 03:23 PM
the nova needs to be able to equip duel cannons. (not heavy though)