Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
It's the tradeoff for the rest of us not having to roll on them every 20 seconds anyway. And it's not like you need to split up something that you can get for a mere 200 dilithium anyway.
You're right but since my teams run Need or Greed settings as standard, as do any STF's etc I end up doing then its a bit of an oversight is all I was pointing out.
Rihannsu
# 12
07-22-2012, 01:03 AM
I think this one has been the best so far. the drop rate is better and the loot is quite good. i even prefer it to the duty officer packs because being a lock box its cheaper and i still get a lot of duty officers but there are a few extra nice things in there as well.

i do miss the holo novels from the ferengi one. one of those added would have really been the icing on the cake.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 13
07-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I do have to say that I loved buying the Mirror Delta flyer mini-pet from the Lobi store - would love it even more to be able to replace my regular delta flyer with it when I fly the tour of the universe events.
Commander
# 14
07-22-2012, 01:44 AM
What's the best thing to get in the lobi store? I have about 150 and wanted to know if any of the stuff was good.

Is the sword worth it? It looks like its bind on pickup because I don't see any for sale on the exchange.
Rihannsu
# 15
07-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
What's the best thing to get in the lobi store? I have about 150 and wanted to know if any of the stuff was good.

Is the sword worth it? It looks like its bind on pickup because I don't see any for sale on the exchange.
It is bind on pickup.

i think its ok, but its not that great.

if you can copy your character to tribble (the transfer was a bit wonky last time i checked) then you can buy the stuff there first and test it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 16
07-22-2012, 04:24 AM
It doesn't drop stupid pets and useless consumables anymore, so I'm fine with that. It pays for the game, and hopefully for more factions at some point, which is enough for me.
Captain
# 17
07-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Yeah the doff drop rate is more than high enough to make them worth it.

That said all these fleet credit boosters aren't so welcome. I understand you need a basic low value item to fill them out with, but at the same time it need to be somthing thats generally useful. I'm sure those in larger fleets benefit greatly from these. But for me in my small fleet i can earn credits far faster than i can spend them. If it had been 50/250 point fleet mark boster, or a dilithium container, or a token to reset your daily dilithium limit i could see the advantage for everyone.

I also agree with somone else, the lobi per box reletive to lobi store costs isn't perfect yet. It's getting there, but there's work to be done still IMHO.

Overall however these feel worth opening. They're not LOTRO lockbox level, but they're not junk eithier.
Captain
# 18
07-22-2012, 08:05 AM
The chance to win is what bothers me. I'll gladly buy a key or 2 if I could find out the payout percentages of the items contained in these boxes. The ONLY item I'm interested it the point defense console for KDF. I've been salivating for the missile console from the lobi store since the first time I looked at the store inventory but determined that the price of the keys and low lobi drop rates from earlier boxes put the console out of my price range. I'm afraid to even look at the new lobi store inventory as I fear that console is gone

This new dropbox PD console would work nicely, but no way I'm going to open 100 boxes to get it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 19
07-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startux View Post
I agree I like them too, had some decent loot drop and perhaps someday in the distant I too can afford a Tholian carrier
Well, they will probably remove it when the next box comes along like they did all the ferengi stuff.
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Captain
# 20
07-22-2012, 08:10 AM
i don't hate these. every item is useful in some way or at least sell able to some one that can use it. unlike the old boxes that where mostly junk