Empire Veteran
# 21
07-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
There, I said it. I like these Tholian lock boxes. The rewards are cool. They are fun to unlock. I don't feel ripped off.

If you would like to flame me now, go ahead. If you would like to join my camp of lock box gurus, please do so.

This thread may now begin.
I hate to say it also but HELL YEH i like them got a sip some lobi some xp and a doff out of 4 boxes money well spent and it was all free ZEN i had earnt from surveys and watching stuff when i had 5 mins so thats even better for me

all round good job keep adding awesome stuff and this game will last
Captain
# 22
07-22-2012, 09:45 AM
The boxes are pretty fantastic by past standards, honestly. The base Lobi amount is far more respectable and the contents are all good enough and in-demand to the point where it's very difficult to lose much money opening one.
Captain
# 23
07-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The boxes are pretty fantastic by past standards, honestly. The base Lobi amount is far more respectable and the contents are all good enough and in-demand to the point where it's very difficult to lose much money opening one.
I would still like to see just one more Lobi in there, 5 is a big difference than 4. If they boosted it to 5 with the next one, I would feel a lot better.
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Career Officer
# 24
07-22-2012, 10:50 AM
I must agree as well that this lock box is much better. They are showing that they are listening though at an awfully slow rate... however between all the rage posts it was probably not easy to make the right decisions that are now making us happier.

They took a risk and I hope they are seeing better sales of it as it will encourage them that their risk was worth while.

I feel much better about the money spent, though I am not as interested in this ship this time around vs the bug and the tuffli so I wont be spending as much, the other stuff is pretty good stuff. I have over 60K bonus pool for fleet credits... that crap is great...

I am also really really enjoying the reward packs from Nukura... they are freaking great! I have already used the Lobi to get a Mark XII very rare set of the Tholian ground set. Just playing the time slot with the medium missions nets a but load of fleet marks and you get so many advanced reward packs and they drop really good stuff. Almost feels wrong...
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Empire Veteran
# 25
07-22-2012, 11:34 AM
There is a negative point I've forgotten to mention though, with all these OP components and ship releases, PvE becomes incredibly easy and boring. With all these carriers, galors, and now fleet ships, cruiser mobs don't even last a second when we run the daily deferi missions, red alerts, b'tran exploration, or whatever mission you want from the list. The challenge level is close to zero now.

We need a super-elite mode, with mobs having a lot more powers and abilities, otherwise we'll get bored soon.
Commander
# 26
07-22-2012, 11:43 AM
The concept behind the Tholian box is nice and it's *not* a complete rip off like past ones were. However, I don't like how we're getting Tholian ships out of them. That just doesn't make any sense.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Banned
# 27
07-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
There, I said it. I like these Tholian lock boxes. The rewards are cool. They are fun to unlock. I don't feel ripped off.

If you would like to flame me now, go ahead. If you would like to join my camp of lock box gurus, please do so.

This thread may now begin.
Do I like this new box better than the previous yes? Yes. However liking something more than something else does not mean I actually like it for what it is. I would rather eat dirt than eat a turd, but that doesnt mean I actually like eating dirt. Likewise, I will never actually like random purchases where you do not know exactly what you are buying.
Career Officer
# 28
07-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Nagus is that you and why do u have a new account???
Banned
# 29
07-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johhanne View Post
Nagus is that you and why do u have a new account???
Since you didnt quote anyone I can only assume you were replying to post. If that is the case, then I am not a "nagus", I am a fiend
Commander
# 30
07-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radkip View Post
The concept behind the Tholian box is nice and it's *not* a complete rip off like past ones were. However, I don't like how we're getting Tholian ships out of them. That just doesn't make any sense.
Agreed. Tholians do not breath oxygen, are giant buugs, and live on demon class planets. Their ships would ne well ove 200 degrees, and the controls would be made for big insects. Tholian shipps make no sense.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines