Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
Has anybody noticed this yet with the plasma DoT buff?
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-22-2012, 02:57 AM
plasma energy weapons got a buff, the torps already had a surprisingly high dot. it doesn't spike harder, but it does what the transphasic is supposed to do, better. getting people to burn their HE before they really need it is helpful too.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 3
07-22-2012, 05:41 AM
True, plasmas have that bonus that makes transphasics obsolete. However, my point is that plasmas now do much more total damage than equivalent quantums. Before the change, they were roughly equal.
Captain
# 4
07-22-2012, 06:47 AM
That's fine I think. For typical torpedo engagement ranges, the Quantums do not have to worry about losing potency from longer ranges, as well as being the 2nd fastest travelling torpedo in the game (Hargh'peng are fastest). In contrast to the High Yield Plasma who's strength dissipates as the range increases as well as being slow travelling. They also do not have to worry about being destroyed in-transit to the target like a High Yield Plasma does.

In short, Quantums compared to Plasma Torps (in any form) are still safer, faster, and far more flexible in use. For HYT Plasmas, the player has to setup several things for effective use.

Oh, and if you are that terrified of Plasmas, get the protection. Not to mention some of you may be eligible for the Automated Defense Turret from back in the day. When the game first came out, almost all projectiles that could be targeted were rendered useless because everyone had 1 of these. But it took up a Tac Console slot. However, it was a totally hands free, automated point defense weapon that shot at nearby targets, most especially projectiles like Tricobalts and HYT Plasmas.

And that's on top of BOFF skills.

Adjust accordingly, gents, or die.
Career Officer
# 5
07-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Oh, and if you are that terrified of Plasmas, get the protection. Not to mention some of you may be eligible for the Automated Defense Turret from back in the day. When the game first came out, almost all projectiles that could be targeted were rendered useless because everyone had 1 of these. But it took up a Tac Console slot. However, it was a totally hands free, automated point defense weapon that shot at nearby targets, most especially projectiles like Tricobalts and HYT Plasmas.

And that's on top of BOFF skills.
Yeah. I've got one of those on my Tactical Odyssey (it goes in my "extra" tactical console slot). Ironically enough, the turret itself is also a plasma weapon.
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
True, plasmas have that bonus that makes transphasics obsolete. However, my point is that plasmas now do much more total damage than equivalent quantums. Before the change, they were roughly equal.
What change? The only change recently was to plasma energy weapons...there should have been no change to plasma torps.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2012, 12:36 PM
The change was to all plasma procs.
Republic Veteran
# 8
07-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehen View Post
The change was to all plasma procs.
"The above changes apply to Energy Weapons only. No effect on Plasma torpedoes/mines."

Thats the reply I got from a dev when I asked a question about plasma torpedos.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=317981
Ensign
# 9
07-22-2012, 01:34 PM
I don't know, I hit a Klink ship with a High Yield plasma torp and destroyed it when it still had about 40% hull left. I don't recall ever doing that kinda damage
=/\= Vice Adm Sulak =/\=
USS Mustang
NX-93134-D
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
"The above changes apply to Energy Weapons only. No effect on Plasma torpedoes/mines."

Thats the reply I got from a dev when I asked a question about plasma torpedos.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=317981

Then they 'dun goofed, because I've seen all my procs increase in damage.