Captain
I got raged at the other day because my cruiser had beams of various colours, well hasn't it ocurred that weapons have multiple colours now.

My cruiser has all high end phasers however they were of various sub types: Standard (yellow) Biomatter (Blue) and TierBox Bio (Green) yet they are all phasers and i use purple XI phaser boosters.

So guys, remember don't assume people are using a rainbow boat now that many weapon sub types are of differing colour now.

Thanks.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Captain
# 2
09-19-2014, 10:55 PM
well... smart people know this already. dumb people are dumb and are never going to understand.

and elitist never listen. while a single dmg type rainbow boat is viable it's not optimal. so they will still whine about it.
jesus love you, cryptic does not.
Republic Veteran
# 3
09-19-2014, 10:55 PM
So it's a "feignbowboat"?

Bon't bother if someone tries to dictate you to change your weapon colours to a single one :p

Ignore the control freaks
(Heck, during undine infiltration one of them tried to tell me that i don't have to use my TR-rifle there ... within the first few seconds after beaming in.... before the shield dropped, i kept the rifle equipped of course, that guy whispered me 25-30 times each time angrier and angrier that i have to change my weapon, which i found quite amusing also because he died 4 times during the mission, he was the only one who died in that STF)
Grind Patrols to unlock ... more Grind-Patrols? In other Games you can level without *huge* XP-gaps between Missions!
STO, where everything is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y[/center]
Captain
# 4
09-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustiswordz View Post
I got raged at the other day because my cruiser had beams of various colours, well hasn't it ocurred that weapons have multiple colours now.

My cruiser has all high end phasers however they were of various sub types: Standard (yellow) Biomatter (Blue) and TierBox Bio (Green) yet they are all phasers and i use purple XI phaser boosters.

So guys, remember don't assume people are using a rainbow boat now that many weapon sub types are of differing colour now.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenn1 View Post
So it's a "feignbowboat"?

Bon't bother if someone tries to dictate you to change your weapon colours to a single one :p

Ignore the control freaks
(Heck, during undine infiltration one of them tried to tell me that i don't have to use my TR-rifle there ... within the first few seconds after beaming in.... before the shield dropped, i kept the rifle equipped of course, that guy whispered me 25-30 times each time angrier and angrier that i have to change my weapon, which i found quite amusing also because he died 4 times during the mission, he was the only one who died in that STF)

my smart*** self would have switched to my shard sword of kahless. or bare fists. and told everyone one why I did it.
jesus love you, cryptic does not.
Career Officer
# 5
09-19-2014, 11:15 PM
when i see a rainbow cruiser i cant help but smile and hope for a reaction from the other players, usually negative. there is something decadent about rainbow cruisers i like. considering until about half a year ago i was flying a assault cruiser t4.5 "rainbow cruiser" on my main and it was fun to play on .
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 6
09-19-2014, 11:25 PM
lol
Rage at multiple Phaser types.
Throw a TOS phaser or Andorian phaser on it and add fuel to the fire. At least its all the same damage type.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Xiao Long
At least you two have something that drives you. I've just always, gone with the flow, you know.
Career Officer
# 7
09-19-2014, 11:25 PM
When I see a rainbow boat I'll think "uh oh"... when I see a rainbow boat that can hold its own I think "phew". Every thing else, I once heard a wise Borg Drone say, is irrelevant.
Career Officer
# 8
09-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janus1975 View Post
When I see a rainbow boat I'll think "uh oh"... when I see a rainbow boat that can hold its own I think "phew". Every thing else, I once heard a wise Borg Drone say, is irrelevant.
Used to know a fleet member who would jump into pugs in a rainbow cruiser with full MK XII Fleet gear just to troll...

More often than not, they'd come out on top for DPS...
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
09-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I am going to build a beam rainboat someday, it is pretty looking and I like having an excuse for it *snickers* First time I truly did a rainbowboat was with my Vesta using Aux phaser cannons up front and three different color phaser turrets in the back.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Been having that for years. I fly torp boats so sometimes I use different color energy weapons as all my tac consoels are for torps and mines.