Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
# 541
03-31-2013, 11:44 PM
i argee more interiors would be nice
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 542
04-24-2013, 04:47 PM
So I've noticed quite a few new threads asking for improved ship interiors in general, the content of all of which are already covered here in this thread (mainly in the proposal).

In the interest of consolidating discussions, I'm looking to hear more feedback here.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 296
# 543
04-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I'd like to see larger, more functional ship interiors, for example, on the ship's bridge, atleast on the fed side, you can sit down in any of the chairs by clicking them, in the captain's ready room, not so much, only the chair behind the desk, then theres the crew deck, in the ship's lounge you can't sit at any of the chairs, same with the captain's quarters, also you can have a number of bridge officers but only see the same few on the bridge, why not add crew quarters for the ones you don't see on the bridge to be in, maybe a holodeck on the crew deck too.
Then theres the engineering deck, maybe toss in a shuttle bay for small craft selection instead of the transporter room and maybe a cargo hold or two.
As far as a meeting room which appears on the 1 first contact mission we seem to get and another mission, since some ships like the Odyssey class don't really have a place for one on the bridge deck, maybe have one on the crew deck.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 544
04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
I'd like to see larger, more functional ship interiors, for example, on the ship's bridge, atleast on the fed side, you can sit down in any of the chairs by clicking them in the captain's ready room, not so much, only the chair behind the desk, then theres the crew deck, in the ship's lounge you can't sit at any of the chairs, same with the captain's quarters,
I'm not sure what additional benefit could be gained from making the sofa in the Ready Room or the Crew Lounge sittable. RP maybe, but doesn't impact mission gameplay enough to make them worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
also you can have a number of bridge officers but only see the same few on the bridge, why not add crew quarters for the ones you don't see on the bridge to be in,
Have you read the proposal document (in my sig)? It's been suggested that the player could have finer control of which officers they would like at particular bridge stations.

BOff Quarters for ALL BOffs have also been mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
maybe a holodeck on the crew deck too.
Mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
Then theres the engineering deck, maybe toss in a shuttle bay for small craft selection instead of the transporter room
Mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
and maybe a cargo hold or two.
Mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
As far as a meeting room which appears on the 1 first contact mission we seem to get and another mission, since some ships like the Odyssey class don't really have a place for one on the bridge deck, maybe have one on the crew deck.
Presumably, each major ship class would have its meeting room (and all other rooms) in canonical locations.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 296
# 545
04-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I'm not sure what additional benefit could be gained from making the sofa in the Ready Room or the Crew Lounge sittable. RP maybe, but doesn't impact mission gameplay enough to make them worthwhile.
If that was the case it wouldn't explain why romulan player ships are set up, atleast on the tribble server to where every chair on the ship is usable. I personaly don't do any sorta rp on the game but I do invite friends on board to hang out from time to time so it'd be nice if they could sit in a chair if they want.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 244
# 546
04-24-2013, 10:34 PM
I'd love ship interiors to be more useful as well.


; When docked at a station, you can set your ship interior open to public; fleet; or friends. This allows them to visit and use the cervices.

; unique doff missions in ship interiors And bridges. Perhaps even unique per ship class! Give people a reason to visit other player's ships.


Ship bridge can be unique per player (like it is now)

Ship interiors is communal if you open it to public. Meaning everyone is in the same type of ship layout. based on their ship. All oddesay captains with LARGE layout will run around the same shared "zone". I hope that makes sense. This to prevent hundreds of instances where everyone is alone.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 127
# 547
06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
The proposal centersolace and I wrote was *specifically* based on the notion that each major class has its own unique, fixed layout with minor customisation options for decor.
I agree with this, though I would simplify the whole interior revamp to something much easier:

BRIDGE
  • Pick your physical layout
  • Pick your color scheme (walls, carpet, consoles, lights; color swatches like in the costume tailor would work perfectly for this)
  • Pick your LCARS (this could also possibly be tied to the new LCARS interfaces as far as color schemes go)

SHIP INTERIOR
  • Pick your physical layout (Cruiser, Science, or Escort)
  • Pick your color scheme (maybe tie this to the bridge color scheme so they match?)
  • Pick your Warp Core (Engineering is essentially a room with a hole in the floor and ceiling, chosen warp core goes inside)
  • Pick your crew options (costumes, race, etc)

Overly simplified, I know, but something much easier for the Devs to get behind. Add to this the interior mission ideas and wrap it in a pretty package.

Last edited by arvistaljik; 06-12-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Department of Redundancy Department, how may I help you?
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 548 Ship interiors!!
06-27-2013, 08:03 AM
I see this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I agree, customizing the ship interiors would be a HUGE bonus!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 549
06-29-2013, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe3871 View Post
I see this is an old thread, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I agree, customizing the ship interiors would be a HUGE bonus!
We have a hefty discussion about this a few months ago

Not sure if anything came from it, but we did get awesome Romulan interiors and I think I remember reading somewhere that Cryptic was looking into overhauling the old fed bridges and interiors. Since the galaxy "template" is already in place they could perhaps made the map with a more realistic scale and update the lcars and layout etc.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 59
# 550
08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
I read through your proposal link I cant argue with any of it I like all of it and any of it would give me something more to do then see how fast I can make it around ds9 and how big a group of people I can get with one of those party amplifiers. There are other things id like to see but I would not place them above the things outlined in the proposal as they are all good ideas and id be equally happy to see them implemented. Furthermore, im thrilled I am not the only voice out there with the opinion I have. STO has long ignored one of the most fundamental elements of star trek, the inside of the ship. Hell when the game launched all a ship had was the bridge. Even with ship interiors, currently, there is just more room with just as little point to it.

Last edited by spycho2; 08-20-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM.