Career Officer
# 51
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith2011 View Post
Personally, I love tinkering with my bases. Tweaking them to really represent my characters is one of the most fun parts of the game to me.

And since the new Overlords don't like anything that takes a lot of work instead of quick afternoon I imagine it will never happen.

Agree 100% with this part. That would actually make things simpler on the Devs side. Make basic templates complete with standard rooms in standard places for each hull and leave the interior decorating to us.

And as I said above anything that requires a lot of work will probably never happen.

I too liked the reply from Tacofang -formley - Tumerboy.. but.. whatever happened to being able to choose what our NPCs on our ships are wearing? Or did that go the way of so mayn Cryptic promises as wel??
Captain
# 52
08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I bet this is what they have in mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_IQAhvnKQ&t=3m40s
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Space Terlets hover, have rings, and make a calming humming noise.
Tee hee... Is that what KDF security drones are for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicformovies View Post
I too liked the reply from Tacofang -formley - Tumerboy.. but.. whatever happened to being able to choose what our NPCs on our ships are wearing? Or did that go the way of so many Cryptic promises as well??
I don't know, I really want to be able to do that, as well as change the appearance of shipboard Doff Contacts, and Starbase personnel like you can with Boffs.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 53
08-26-2012, 04:37 PM
The powers that be, bring up the idea of letting us build our interiors in the foundry, whenever the question of "please let us pick a uniform for our crew" comes up.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None
Captain
# 54
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
All comments in jest aside...

I think that toilet/bathroom interiors (and upgrades), along with various other furnishings, could possibly be the reward from earning some sort of "crew morale" accolade. The higher the accolade, the nicer the toilets are

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 55
08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
All comments in jest aside...

I think that toilet/bathroom interiors (and upgrades), along with various other furnishings, could possibly be the reward from earning some sort of "crew morale" accolade. The higher the accolade, the nicer the toilets are
Even if we don't do that, this is always a nice option for the limited time Starbase interior rewards. They could even call it "About @$%& time."
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Even if we don't do that, this is always a nice option for the limited time Starbase interior rewards. They could even call it "About @$%& time."
lol thats true.

-not sure if it was mentioned or not because i didnt see it. for ships we BUY from the C-/Z-store they should have custom interiors that we DO NOT need to purchase extra. we are already giving out 2500+ hard-earned (for those who grind dil for zen) or purchased...specifically the $25 ships...would love to have a custom Artox interior (makes the most since considering its used by a species that didnt make their ship look like the dull gray of Fed ship) that ISN'T based off the Starfleet ones, even if the Caitian and Starfleet engineer corps worked together to upgrade it....the one that comes to mind when i think of Caitian interior is sort of like the Covenant Cruiser in Halo. purple/dark blue in coloring but obviously a different layout, same goes for the fighter...why would we need to have a shuttle cockpit in a fighter -.-

-that and having a measly selection of bridges that don't even match the carrier. (the bridge of the Scimitar comes in mind, but in purple/dark blue to match the rest of the ship

-being able to maybe go to engineering and go to either Hanger bay (as in the Artox, obviously would be different for other ships) to select a small craft instead of using a transported, suriously...who would use a transporter to go to their shuttle/fighter if they have it on their ship?

sorry if i dont mention KDF here...i just don't play my KDF much, just because there is hardly any note worthy content.
Captain
# 57
08-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
-not sure if it was mentioned or not because i didnt see it. for ships we BUY from the C-/Z-store they should have custom interiors that we DO NOT need to purchase extra.
Not mentioned yet, but I concur.

Quote:
.would love to have a custom Artox interior

-snip-

the one that comes to mind when i think of Caitian interior is sort of like the Covenant Cruiser in Halo. purple/dark blue in coloring but obviously a different layout
And in addition, working features exclusive to the Atrox (catnip dispenser?)

Quote:
-being able to maybe go to engineering and go to either Hanger bay (as in the Artox, obviously would be different for other ships) to select a small craft instead of using a transported, suriously...who would use a transporter to go to their shuttle/fighter if they have it on their ship?
I've noted this already in my original proposal:

- Player goes to shuttlebay and can select / configure shuttles / small craft. Parked there are full-size shuttle props corresponding to the ones they actually own.

Quote:
sorry if i dont mention KDF here...i just don't play my KDF much, just because there is hardly any note worthy content.
LOL, fair enough. I don't do KDF either, but I suspect they will get a similar deal regarding interiors or something.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 58
08-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd just be happy with the interiors being scaled properly. Last I checked, even the Galaxy-class didn't have a bridge as roomy as St. Peters.
Nyerti "Gadget" Val-Doran. Vice Admiral.
U.S.S Spellbound, Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer. NCC-92008.
Career Officer
# 59
08-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
The powers that be, bring up the idea of letting us build our interiors in the foundry, whenever the question of "please let us pick a uniform for our crew" comes up.
They are making big progress on interior building in NW. Prepping STO art for it will take time as will porting the NW Foundry code over.

Now, since not everyone is a Foundry author, I think what would be cool with this is to let people use a Foundry slot to publish a ship interior and then display Foundry-built ship interiors on a ship interior "exchange" where people can pay dilithium to get player designed interiors for their ship and the author gets 50% of the fee as a Foundry tip.
Captain
# 60
08-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I think what would be cool with this is to let people use a Foundry slot to publish a ship interior and then display Foundry-built ship interiors on a ship interior "exchange" where people can pay dilithium to get player designed interiors for their ship and the author gets 50% of the fee as a Foundry tip.
Ideally, I too would like to have ship interiors with layouts that can be fully customised in the Foundry, although Tacofangs / Tumerboy would prefer each ship having its own fixed, class-unique layout with limited decor choices.

Perhaps a compromise - where the backbone and key rooms are fixed in the manner Taco suggested, but there are dummy doors to extra rooms players can then author in the Foundry.

I also like the idea of an economy based on players crafting ship interiors. Very much so.