Ensign
# 1 Fleet vessels
07-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Can one acquire a fleet vessel without beeing in a fleet? I am wondering because the qin fleet seems more powerful than the normal qin heavy raptor which makes the normal one obsolete? Can someone please shed light on this topic?
I'd realy like the fleet ship if it's stronger but I'm not in a fleet. wtf crypric?
Commander
# 2
07-22-2012, 10:48 AM
No fleet, no fleet credits.
No fleet credits, no fleet ships.
Simple, and you need fleet ship provisions to buy them.

But it wouldn't surprise me if there will be fleets who sell spots sooner or later.
Career Officer
# 3
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
... But it wouldn't surprise me if there will be fleets who sell spots sooner or later.
As if buying a spot is going to do you any good... Fleet Marks and Fleet Credits are not transferable, so you have to grind for these items regardless, and only Fleet members are allowed to grind for them...
Ensign
# 4
07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Bummer. I hate it when bad publishers mess up like this.
I'll come back when they bump the level cap or fix this discriminatory nonsense.
Live long and prosper.
Career Officer
# 5
07-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabohac View Post
Bummer. I hate it when bad publishers mess up like this.
I'll come back when they bump the level cap or fix this discriminatory nonsense.
Live long and prosper.
Discrimination? Quite a few people have formed one person fleets... It just that with only one person contributing to the Fleet projects, its going to take much longer for a one person fleet to complete them...
Captain
# 6
07-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Fleet marks and fleet Credits ARE transferable, sort of.. if you have them and havent deposited them into a project you can take them with you. Same for the Fleet Credits. what you dont take as for Fleet Credits is your lifetime Credit Earned spot on the Leaderboard.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-22-2012, 06:38 PM
It is discriminatory. The best ships should be available to everyone. Also, not everyone has been able to form a one-man fleet! I have been trying for weeks, and I can never meet all of the stupid requirements.

You need 5 people on your team, all on the same map, and none of the members can be a free to play account.

I have spent almost 24 hours of in-game time standing in front of the Fleet Ambassador, trying to meet all of the stupid requirements, and still don't have a fleet.
Career Officer
# 8
07-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
It is discriminatory. The best ships should be available to everyone. Also, not everyone has been able to form a one-man fleet! I have been trying for weeks, and I can never meet all of the stupid requirements.

You need 5 people on your team, all on the same map, and none of the members can be a free to play account.

I have spent almost 24 hours of in-game time standing in front of the Fleet Ambassador, trying to meet all of the stupid requirements, and still don't have a fleet.
Basic Requirements

There are a few simple requirements to be met to create a fleet (pre-Season 6 Update):

You must have 5 players to form a fleet.
The 5 players must be joined together in a team.
The team member that is going to create the fleet (the founder) must be a Gold member (see exceptions to this rule below).
The remaining team members must either be Gold members or Silver members that have completed their 20 hour trial period (see exceptions to this rule below).
Visit the Fleet Ambassador (for Federations fleets, the Fleet Ambassador can be found at Earth Space Dock to the right outside of the entrance to Sickbay, and for Klingon fleets the Fleet Ambassador can be found in First City on Qo'Nos just to the left as you enter the Barracks) to create your fleet.

[edit] Requirement Exceptions

A number of people have posted on the forums about the exact make-up of the team members required to create a fleet. Here are some of the things that they have found:

The fleet founder doesn't only have to be a Gold member.[1] A Silver member that meets any of the follow requirements can also be a fleet founder: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.[2]
The remaining team members, if they are Silver members, don't need to have completed their 20 hour trial if they meet the following requirements: account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.[3]

[edit] Other Notes

Some other tidbits about fleet creation:

You can get around the 20 hour trial period on an account by getting enough dilithium to trade in for at least 1 C-Store point - that will give you a Cryptic Points balance without having to purchase Cryptic Points. [4]
Once a Silver member gets any Cryptic Points (by any means), they need to log off and log back in in order to qualify for creating a fleet.
Once the fleet is created, you can drop below the 5 member requirement
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post

The best ships ARE available to everyone, and much like the previous tiered ships you have to meet level requirments to get them. The only difference is now you have to meet Fleet Level requirements.

Being part of a Fleet is not a bad thing... and can be benefiical in fact. Still you can go it alone if you like. That is YOUR choice, being a desciriminating individual.

As not being able to start a fleet. It is not hard, you just stand on ESD and advertise. Simple as that. Just don't spam please.
Captain
# 10
07-22-2012, 09:19 PM
It's no more discriminatory than having to be a certain level to get a ship, or having to have a computer and Internet connection to play. Are you suggesting that it's discriminatory that even though it's a free game, someone without a computer or stable internet connection can't play it? Of course not - just because there are (low) barriers to something does not make it discriminatory.

Besides making your own fleet, I know there are fleets out there that formed solely for the purpose of each person doing their own thing, but just being able to get to the point of getting the ships a bit faster - they don't actually do anything together, or talk to each other, just contribute to the projects to level the fleet so they can get their ships and leave. You could always join one of those.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----