Ensign
# 1 PvE queue vote to kick option
07-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Can we get some kind of vote to kick option put into the game for PvE queue groups please? I'm really getting tired of doing STFs and having an AFKer in the group getting loot for not contributing. Or the random person that thinks it's funny to bring in a shuttle or Constitution class to the mix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2012, 06:58 PM
This has been mentioned several times. Prepare for the backlash. I agree with you, but people seem to think that a mixed group of pugs will conspire to abuse it.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Career Officer
# 3
07-22-2012, 07:20 PM
I think its a dirty power to give to people, but, I can't see a better option for public groups (and not just for STFs now).

Last time I read a bit about it, Blizzard's system identified players who initiated a lot of kick votes against others and would set the system against these people by way of denying them the ability to kick for a period of time and/or removed their ability to queue for a period of time. In this way, a group of trolls who spend their night queuing and kicking would be flagged an eventually punished.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 4
07-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
I think its a dirty power to give to people, but, I can't see a better option for public groups (and not just for STFs now).

Last time I read a bit about it, Blizzard's system identified players who initiated a lot of kick votes against others and would set the system against these people by way of denying them the ability to kick for a period of time and/or removed their ability to queue for a period of time. In this way, a group of trolls who spend their night queuing and kicking would be flagged an eventually punished.
Something like would work or even set it so people are only able to initiate a kick vote maybe once or twice in a 24 hour period PER ACCOUNT. By setting number to be account based instead of character based that'd cut down the amount of times that trolls would be able to abuse the power no matter how many characters they have.
Commander
# 5
07-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Better solution: make it so you can't be que'd w/ someone who is on your ignore list. That would be unabusable, and it would inevitably cause all the farmers and trolls to end up woth nothing to do.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 6
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good View Post
This has been mentioned several times. Prepare for the backlash. I agree with you, but people seem to think that a mixed group of pugs will conspire to abuse it.
Well 5 randomers probably wouldn't. But if 2 or 3 are from a fleet or pre-group, they might. There's also herd mentality to think about. 2 votekicks come up and one of the remaining players might just click it on the assumption that the others must be kicking for a reason. Player gone.

And it's not just attempts at loot denial with late game kicks. Some people might genuinely percieve a mistake where there wasn't one and demand the player be outed.

Of course, it's just another thread in the argument about whether or not STFs and the like should be PuGgable and whether they should be PuGged, I suppose.

EDIT: If did come in, it could be only available in the first couple of minutes, so at least an AFKer would have to put some level of effort into it and couldn't just queue for it, hit the ready button and walk away, whilst at the same time, no one would do most of the mission and then be kicked at the end and lose their reward. Wouldn't be effective against people deliberately trolling/sabotaging the run though.

Last edited by skhc; 07-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Commander
# 7
07-23-2012, 09:52 AM
Which is what my system would do- if u added all the trolls, farmers, and afkers to ur ignore list, and everyone else did the same, they would soon have noone to play with!
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nepharitesd View Post
Can we get some kind of vote to kick option put into the game for PvE queue groups please? I'm really getting tired of doing STFs and having an AFKer in the group getting loot for not contributing. Or the random person that thinks it's funny to bring in a shuttle or Constitution class to the mix.
There already is a system in place...

You can choose your ENTIRE group beforehand and start your own stf.

Why settle for only kicking one person when you can choose them all?

They will never allow you to kick somebody from a public group because people will just boot a guy to increase thier loot odds from 20% to 25%.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
There's always the chance that a whole group of trolls might abuse it, but I think the projections of frequency are greatly exaggerated. It's like banning cars because someone might pull a hit-and-run. Sure, it can happen and does. Does it happen so often that it outweighs the benefits? No. I think the chances are exaggerated to the point of almost hysteria and we're missing out on a beneficial feature because of it. They should try it on a trial basis and evaluate the results afterwards to see if it's worth keeping. Better than pure speculation.
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah ... NO!

As caustic as this community is, this would be a terrible idea. Like someone above said, if you dont like chancing ending up with a bunch of trolls, dont use the random queue. Find some friends, and make your own group.

I do wish though that they would make it impossible to be grouped with people on your ignore list.