Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Memory Alpha Crashes
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I get a crash or two every time I'm at Memory Alpha and only there?

My system is way overqualified for this games stats and my internet connection is the fastest available.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 07-22-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Ensign
# 2 Crash confirmed
07-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

My system is way overqualified for this games stats and my internet connection is the fastest available.
It's not your system, I think. I have the same thing. It mostly (and consistently) happens when I leave the transporter room and enter the main corridor. After I relog, I am fine, unless I go back to the transporter room and then try to re-enter the corridor.

I have stood and observed this part of Memory Alpha and I have seen it happen to the majority of people who exit the transporter room.

I have entered support ticket #1,364,643 with Cryptic, but I have had no reply.
Captain
# 3
07-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Quote:
my internet connection is the fastest available.
You're paying $125k a month for a OC-768? How is it?

edit: If you;re running with DirectXv11, consider trying the game under directxv9. The game appears to have come a long way with dxv11 support but it still may do better with the lower setting.

I wonder if all these folks are having that map transfer error other folks have had previously and this is just another bug that has gotten worse like the exchange bug.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-23-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
You're paying $125k a month for a OC-768? How is it?

edit: If you;re running with DirectXv11, consider trying the game under directxv9. The game appears to have come a long way with dxv11 support but it still may do better with the lower setting.

I wonder if all these folks are having that map transfer error other folks have had previously and this is just another bug that has gotten worse like the exchange bug.
I don't know. I have not been playing STO for that long, but I have visited Memory Alpha several times before S6 and never had a single problem (aside trying to locate the fanatically wandering Mr. O'Brien), but since S6, the crashing is such a foregone conclusion (it happens fully 100% of the time) that I have given up on research altogether.

Given what I see on other threads, I have this sneaking suspicion that several developers forgot to implement their past fixes and patches into the S6 codebase.
Captain
# 5
07-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I'll confirm this bug, first time in weeks I go to mem alpha, and as soon as I turn to enter the corridor from the transporter (50 steps or so) my game crashes to desktop.

Never happened before, as well I won't be going there for the near future or playing my fed toon (because of the insanely long loading times of Sol system).
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
# 6
07-31-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:

I have exact same issue, every time I go to Memory Alpha, I spawn in transporter room, all seem fine, but as soon as i try to walk through the second doorway it crashes to desktop.

After reloading game everything works fine again, until I leave and come back.

(Windows 7 64bit)
Ensign
# 7
07-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Same here. Every time (2 times I was there) game crashed on same place. After restart it's fine.
Ensign
# 8
07-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Every time I go there with my level 3 TAC it crashes over and over til I just have to give up and beam out. It seems to only happen when I am moving around from room to room.
Captain
# 9
07-31-2012, 10:00 AM
this happens to me as well, get to the senod door, game crashes to desk top. reboot and Im ok.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Add me to the list of people experiencing this. 100% reproducible: Beam into Memory Alpha and run into the main corridor, there in the hallway, the game locks up and crashes to desktop. Happens every time.

Logging back in, I'm fine, so long as I don't go back to the transporter room.