Captain
# 21
07-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irthebadman View Post
only other thing i can think of that has changed IS the new modem/router. will have to test out the old one and see.

well its posted so now to just wait and try a myriad of things over again and then hopefully one day it will just work!
heres hoping anyhoo
Well, it not bogging down until hop #8 means that it's likely not your local modem/router, however -- the odd results for nettest (high pings only on internet ports), have you done a spyware scan?

I suggest Spybot S&D: http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

Good luck.

Last edited by beezle23; 07-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Captain
# 22
07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
The bog-down is starting in Malaysia. It's could be a faulty transfer router there causing issues between Australia and China - and that's creating a backup behind it. It's also possible your ISP is now using a different transfer route then it was the last time you played - meaning it's intentionally forcing you through the poor router in Malaysia.

Either way I'd file a bug report with Cryptic and contact the ISP to see if they've changed routing recently. I'd also do some virus/spy-bot scans to see what's bogging down your system.
Captain
# 23
07-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Okay, very definatly a vonnection issue as i've seen same when everyone else is using net in house and i try to log in. ALso saw it when they did some work on our net line at the local telephone exchange.
Ensign
# 24 Bytes
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I had just tried to come on once the patch was done, I get kicked off wiht Error, Wrong number of Bytes 13.

What the heck. what happened.

please fix this issue.