+15.8 Flight Speed
+20.4 Turn Rate
100% recharge time reduction to Slipstream Drive
Full Impulse: 101 Flight Speed

What's all that about then?
Captain
# 2
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
littrially these days the only reason to get a higher mk engine is for the set bonusus of higher mk sets.
Career Officer
# 3
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
The displays don't seem to be accurate.

I was comparing a Very Rare Mk VII and a Rare Mk XI Combat engine, and the Mk VII appeared to be superior in what it displayed, regardless of where I was. When I actually swapped the engines (flying around Sol system) there was a huge difference in actual speed.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
I could be wrong, but I think you have to un equip the engine from your ship and compare them in your inventory to get more accurate stats.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
I think some of the stats are bugged. When I look at my shields on my ship in a mission, it states I only have around 8500 hp per facing, but when I check under Defense on my ship tab it shows each facing around 15,100 hp.

Also been noticing some little bugs here and there. When you search the exchange for Vice Admiral level items it will just bring up a few, however if you put in Mk XII in the search box it brings up the max 400 items, but they don't show up if you just leave the search field blank and select vice admiral and any quality. Also some item stats don't seem to display right.
Commander
# 6
07-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Always wait until you're in Space (not Sector Space, regular Space) to test weapon stats. You won't get an honest bit of info on them until then.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Always wait until you're in Space (not Sector Space, regular Space) to test weapon stats. You won't get an honest bit of info on them until then.
OP was on about the Omega Engines. The stats are the same for each kind of mark.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Career Officer
# 8
07-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I could be wrong, but I think you have to un equip the engine from your ship and compare them in your inventory to get more accurate stats.
I tried that as well, there wasn't a difference. It wasn't a rare vs very rare either, I remember now that both were Combat [Turn] [Speed], but I had been using a Mk VII and just spent cash on a Mk XI. My thoughts were "Why are these the same? Did I just waste money?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayuskorianis View Post
OP was on about the Omega Engines. The stats are the same for each kind of mark.
That's kind of what I was talking about, the two engines in my inventory had exactly the same stats (same mods, different Mk), so I went into Sol and they still looked the same. When I actually put them into my ship and flew around, the Mk XI version was faster and turned better.

(They weren't the Omega Engines though, so there may not actually be a difference in Mk for those.)

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 9
07-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Fairly common problem, I find. I've gone through 3 different levels of those Efficient Impulse Engines; the info for all 3 was identical, but their actual performance was different.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters