Captain
Dear Devs (I am sorry I don't know who is working on the Interface),

I do have a big plea about the Uniform Tailor. What I absolutley don't like are the preset face and hair columsn at the left and right with my character in the middle. They take away a lot of space, especially for players with smaller screens.

In my opinion, players do change uniforms more often than they change facial characteristics or the hairstyle. Whenever I am about to change the colour of uniform or want to zoom into the character, I graze at those preset models and that does disturb me. And for me, when I change a face or hair, I do it in the advanced menu.

Today I had a problem when I customized a Romulan Boff, the character stood on the right side of the screen, behind the hair presets and I had to grab and pull him into the middle. But then he started to flow again to the right side.

So please dear Devs, give us at least the possibility to minimze those two preset columsn. They take a way a lot of space.

Thank you.
Commander
# 2
05-26-2013, 01:18 AM
Being able to zoom in low would be good too, for editing pant/boot colors. Even zooming into the face, and then dragging the model up so we're focused on the feet would be good too.

Being able to zoom in further for both avatars and ships would also be handy.

-- Smoov
Captain
# 3
05-26-2013, 02:37 AM
I am zooming like an idiot all the time

Those preset face and hair columsn should at least be able to be folded in. The advanced uniform window at the left side is already so big, it is more than the half screen size on my screen.
Commander
# 4
05-27-2013, 01:35 PM
and splitting up the outfits into catagories just irritates me.

I used to just drop the pulldown, and keep sliding my mouse down the list to look at all of the choices to pick the one I wanted. (ok, being able to choose between skirt, tight pants, loose pants, etc, was fine, but the styles too?)

If a change ends up making the user have to go through more steps to do the same most common activity, then it is a change that needs to be discarded.

-- Smoov
Rihannsu
# 5
05-27-2013, 01:37 PM
One word: undo button.

Okay, two... but that particular feature needs to come back.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Empire Veteran
# 6
05-27-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't mind the faces, but they should go away once you enter the advanced menu.

Also, having trouble with one toon where the jacket colors and undershirt colors are changing each other.

Last edited by crusty8mac; 05-27-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
05-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
and splitting up the outfits into catagories just irritates me.

I used to just drop the pulldown, and keep sliding my mouse down the list to look at all of the choices to pick the one I wanted. (ok, being able to choose between skirt, tight pants, loose pants, etc, was fine, but the styles too?)

If a change ends up making the user have to go through more steps to do the same most common activity, then it is a change that needs to be discarded.

-- Smoov
Not to mention the confusion caused by putting the same clothing pieces into two different categories.
Captain
# 8
06-12-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
I don't mind the faces, but they should go away once you enter the advanced menu.

Yes!

Here is the link to my tailor UI:
http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8c3c840c.jpg

As you see, about 3/4 of my screen is full with the UI, and at this stadium of my editing I don't need the head and hair rows.