Lt. Commander
# 1 Tier 5 NX
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
I really love the Fleet Varients of the Olympic, Cheyanne and Saber Class Starships. Would it be possible to add in the NX Class, Miranda Class and Oberth Class Starships at Tier 5 as well since they are all awesome designs and much loved fan favourites. It would be nice to be able to use these classes because they are smaller vessels, quicker, better turn rate and look awesome to boot.

Keep up the good work Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 2
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
It was mentioned in an earlier podcast (with Geko I think?) that Tier 1 ships will not be part of the Fleet Retrofit program. This includes the NX, Miranda+variants, TOS Constitution, and the Oberth. This exception also includes the Tier 2 Constitution(Refit)+variants and speculation about it is a potent topic with the forum community.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Was a reason actually given?
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Not to be an ass, but

how about No? those are several hundred year old designs from the early days of earth/federation shipbuilding. Let them rest.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Why not adding T5 versions of this? I do enjoy flying this and I want to put that into my elite stfs.

/sarcasm.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Why not adding T5 versions of this? I do enjoy flying this and I want to put that into my elite stfs.

/sarcasm.
So my ship could now be filled with as much Hot Air as I am! That's Brilliant! :-P

Fleet Leader of "Icarus Factor" - The official fleet of Pothole Studios.
STO Guides for your Android? Yes. Yes we do. STO Guides - Google Play.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-23-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't think the concept of the NX Replica as being an in service ship makes any sense what so ever.

As an Academy training ship, fine.

The Oberth was seen in many episodes of TNG, to be honest I think they just got refitted and used as flying labs, not proper ships.

The best reason I can give is CBS said no. People keep asking, but along time ago CBS said no and that answer should be considered written in stone. STO is a licensed product and the owner of the License set certain conditions such as the approval of all things released in the game. The Federation can't have mass cloaking devices, they can't use Klingon ships and they can't have the Miranda, Constitution (A), Oberth and NX as T5 ships that could go toe to toe with our current T5 ships.

A lot of ships got the upgrade, surely you should be happy with what you got?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Well since Cryptic lied about the Ambassador, Steamrunner, Norway and Vesta Classes which were supposed to be added to the game in Season 6. It really does not take that much work to re-use models that are already in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-24-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
I don't think the concept of the NX Replica as being an in service ship makes any sense what so ever.
New ship built to look old. It's not a proper NX-class. It just looks like one. Hell, for that matter they could do a 2409 skin job on it, name it another class and give us a T5.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Career Officer
# 10
07-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

/sarcasm.
lmao, flyinnnnn' so high in the sky!