Commander
# 21
07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
PaxOttomana here.

I dont really bother with the forums mainly because its not much different than the discussions taking place in OPvP (which are mostly inconclusive at problem solving).

The person from SOB kindly did mention a match vs his fleet and ours in premade action. A match that lasted for approximately an hour. Both teams were using scramble sensors (no need to deny your team not using it, sorry but we have the full video on fraps). Having said that, a copy of the video indicating when the problem began to emerge will be on youtube in the short time future.

The video produced on this thread however is null in terms of trying to establish what the problem is with scramble sensors. I truly don't know why someone would post that if it was inconclusive, yet so many accounts and reports of the ability being bugged.

Now with that said, we should probably be a little more concise and more respectful to one another when trying to work this problem. Discrediting each others fleet for example is perhaps a stepping stone to Perfect World's/Cryptics neglect towards pvp. We simply just discredit one another on the forums, in the game, and it basically brings about their neglect to solve the problem because we're too busy arguing stuff that doesn't matter.

So the gentleman from SOB, please get your facts straight, the gentlemen from Pandas, Critz, and all other fleets, please find it in yourselves to make the collective effort to produce tangible videos that produce the exact circumstance of the occurrence of this bug. This means you should refrain from making a video of a bunch of dudes just firing scramble sensors and other stuff at each other in attempts to see what the problem is. Have a normal match, record it, and produce it. Otherwise, you're wasting not only your own time and the time the people who just might want to help you fix the problem.

Thank you all for your time.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (we're not really a role playing fleet).

PS- This is a fragment of the video that will be produced to help resolve this issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uLB...eature=g-all-u

Video is courtesy of @Minitrckin08 of Turkish RP Heroes
Commander
# 22
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
PaxOttomana here.

I dont really bother with the forums mainly because its not much different than the discussions taking place in OPvP (which are mostly inconclusive at problem solving).

The person from SOB kindly did mention a match vs his fleet and ours in premade action. A match that lasted for approximately an hour. Both teams were using scramble sensors (no need to deny your team not using it, sorry but we have the full video on fraps). Having said that, a copy of the video indicating when the problem began to emerge will be on youtube in the short time future.

The video produced on this thread however is null in terms of trying to establish what the problem is with scramble sensors. I truly don't know why someone would post that if it was inconclusive, yet so many accounts and reports of the ability being bugged.

Now with that said, we should probably be a little more concise and more respectful to one another when trying to work this problem. Discrediting each others fleet for example is perhaps a stepping stone to Perfect World's/Cryptics neglect towards pvp. We simply just discredit one another on the forums, in the game, and it basically brings about their neglect to solve the problem because we're too busy arguing stuff that doesn't matter.

So the gentleman from SOB, please get your facts straight, the gentlemen from Pandas, Critz, and all other fleets, please find it in yourselves to make the collective effort to produce tangible videos that produce the exact circumstance of the occurrence of this bug. This means you should refrain from making a video of a bunch of dudes just firing scramble sensors and other stuff at each other in attempts to see what the problem is. Have a normal match, record it, and produce it. Otherwise, you're wasting not only your own time and the time the people who just might want to help you fix the problem.

PS- This is a fragment of the video that will be produced to help resolve this issue.

Fallout here...

Just because I didn't produce a video doesn't mean my facts aren't straight...

-@Fallout23 of Critz (we're not a RP fleet either...)
Commander
# 23
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutx23 View Post
Fallout here...

Just because I didn't produce a video doesn't mean my facts aren't straight...

-@Fallout23 of Critz (we're not a RP fleet either...)
"So the gentleman from SOB, please get your facts straight,"

That was for the SOB guy.

"the gentlemen from Pandas, Critz, and all other fleets, please find it in yourselves to make the collective effort to produce tangible videos that produce the exact circumstance of the occurrence of this bug. This means you should refrain from making a video of a bunch of dudes just firing scramble sensors and other stuff at each other in attempts to see what the problem is. Have a normal match, record it, and produce it. Otherwise, you're wasting not only your own time and the time the people who just might want to help you fix the problem."

That was for you and everyone else. It's not asking you to get your facts straight. It just asks you to make a video.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (we're not a reverse polarity fleet either...)
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
It's the science skill Scramble Sensors.
Thats 4 S's ssss ssssnake.
As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln
Empire Veteran
# 25
07-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:

"the gentlemen from Pandas, Critz, and all other fleets, please find it in yourselves to make the collective effort to produce tangible videos that produce the exact circumstance of the occurrence of this bug. This means you should refrain from making a video of a bunch of dudes just firing scramble sensors and other stuff at each other in attempts to see what the problem is. Have a normal match, record it, and produce it. Otherwise, you're wasting not only your own time and the time the people who just might want to help you fix the problem."

That was for you and everyone else. It's not asking you to get your facts straight. It just asks you to make a video.

-@PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (we're not a reverse polarity fleet either...)
Anytime you want to test something send me a tell in game. I'm sure one of my scis has SS on it. Also one of our fleet guys has been playing with it some the last couple days trying to figure crap out with it.

In regard to the youtube I posted, it shows, what appears to be a possible bug in the first few seconds. Note my weapons are firing on a target that isn't targeted and it's not the target of my target. That seems odd and it isn't something I've ever noticed with SS in past. Not sure if it's intended, but it would be nice if a DEV would verify.
Career Officer
# 26
07-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremenoob1 View Post
Just some short clips from a longer FRAP testing SS last night. It's very short so you may need to pause and rewatch the first clip. I'll have the complete FRAP of our testing uploaded in about a hour. Youtube said it was too long, so have to reup or split it. Anyway the below link highlights the only thing that seemed off to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNiH1a6I_c

The conclusion was, SS probably wasn't specifically causing the issue, however, possibly a catalyst???

Additionally, when will the blue UI on the KDF side be addressed. I cannot believe that the issue was clearly noted on tribble prior to launch, and easily replicable, yet never addressed. I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue, but my UI lag is considerably more when the HUD is blue vs the red. I can barely run FRAPS on KDF but playing my fed characters runs surprisingly smooth. If I logout and back in and the hud is red, it will run a bit better until it changes back.

I've considered additional possibilities for the random hud change while SS'd. Hitting escape to clear target can (and does) load the option menu and that seems to cause a sudden UI change from red to blue. So I cannot say for sure if it was just SS or perhaps both events since we weren't able to reproduce the hud change when SS'd. However, dying does change it back to blue and loading the options menu does too. Additionally changing options while the HUD is blue has caused the game to crash on multiple occasions.

Last little bug (which this is very old and has been noted several times,) evasive doffs are not "chance" and they don't shave off 3-4-5 seconds, respectively. A blue/green conn will cut CD by 15 seconds. If you use impulse burst and evasive (I believe at least 1 conn is needed but I donot have this console,) the two can be chained so you're constantly zipping around. I believe 3 purple conns can cut evasive down to 15 but it should cut it down to 30, assuming all 3 conns proc. Assuming it's still a "chance" per the description.

Kthx
you have my voice hax!!!
Career Officer
# 27
07-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Well, there is this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uLBZ9nOy1I&feature=plcp

"after a match of being SS'd, only 2 DHC's worked until relog"

@ilhansk -Turkish RP Heroes-
This is inconculisve evidence other than it happened I want to know casted skills an you before! Please provide 1 minute before the event happened.
Career Officer
# 28
07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:

What are you achieving here? The group of guys was trying multiple ways to see if they can break it- conclusion no one found how to replicate it, personally I think its a ui bug I have been in matches on my tacs and found I can heal myself but no scramble sensors.

Borticus that day of testing among others, I had my distribute shield on my keybind linked to tray. It was grayed out and when I was hitting spacebar it was greyed out permanently. As a theory perhaps its certain tray numbers having issues. The only way I cleared my issue was remove the distribute shields and reapply during match. annoying during premade I died 2 times out of 3 on a premade due to issue. we won 15:3 vs la familia but should of been less.

another theory to this no weapon bug:
selena is tac
I am tac
SOB guy is tac

all having firing issues............

pattern maybe!
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Remove ss and ams.
-------------------------

Future Capt Gecko II Hitlers take on PvP
Commander
# 30
07-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
PaxOttomana here.

Hiya Pax

If we used SS and/or AMS and I was in error, I apologize. I didn't remember hearing anybody saying "launching AMS" or "scambling so-and-so" from that match was all. It happened to be a science-light team at that (big mistake) and I meant no disrespect.

So there are three possibilities: casting scramble/ams shuts/slows down your weapons or receiving scramble/ams shuts/slows down your weapons or rapid fire is not actually rapid firing.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update

Last edited by thepleasuredome; 07-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.