Ensign
# 1 Intrepid class (Voyager)
07-24-2012, 11:55 AM
hi fellas,

quick question please.
how do or when do i get the "deploy armour" just like in the series?
i thought it came as standard with the ship.

do i have to buy it?

i am Admiral upper level 48 by the way

thank you
Career Officer
# 2
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
The ablative generator console comes with the VA Intrepid (level 50), which you'll have to buy it from the C-Store. Unless you're a 600 day subscriber in which case you can use the token you get when you hit Vice Admiral to claim one for free (however if you dismiss a free ship you cannot claim another one for free). If you're not a subscriber then I'd either get ready to pony up $ or start grinding dil now.
Commander
# 3
07-24-2012, 12:36 PM
What he said: It's the level 50 variation that you have to pay Zen for.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
If you're getting it purely for re-making Voyager then I won't stop you.

However, do note that it's fairly useless in the actual game. It only lasts for 15 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown, and there's a small gap between dropping your shields and activating the armor, making it a risky 'emergency shield'.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibash View Post
If you're getting it purely for re-making Voyager then I won't stop you.

However, do note that it's fairly useless in the actual game. It only lasts for 15 seconds with a 3 minute cooldown, and there's a small gap between dropping your shields and activating the armor, making it a risky 'emergency shield'.
I wouldn't go as far to say useless, I would say its actually kind of a lifesaver from time to time if you have the the healing abilities ready or they are about to come off cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm sure there are uses, but I figured it would be good to point out it doesn't work in any way like it did in the tv series.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Career Officer
# 7
07-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I wouldn't go as far to say useless, I would say its actually kind of a lifesaver from time to time if you have the the healing abilities ready or they are about to come off cooldown.
Agreed - though I have to admit, it's only since I started using my Bellerophon in the Fleet Action PVE's that I've really found that it comes into it's own.

Have activated it a few times in Fleet Action missions recently, when have become the focus of several enemy ship's attention. Quite enjoy flipping it on (when need it) and watching the enemies throw everything they've got at me, with no measurable effect. And, usually, by the time it drops I can (as you say) activate heals.

And still find it useful in STF's - seldom ever activated it during the mission itself, nor the 'boss' ships, but do enjoy being able to fly at close-quaters to the 'boss' ship and, as soon at it hits 1%, activating the armor so that the subsequent explosion does next to nothing to my ship.

But as others have said, other than appearance it's pretty much nothing like what we saw in the final episode of Voyager.

And I really do wish to dear god it remained active for longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 07-26-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2012, 03:44 PM
yeah, the ablative armor is probably the most worthless console in the entire game! It definitely needs to be overhauled!
Career Officer
# 9
07-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonalan View Post
yeah, the ablative armor is probably the most worthless console in the entire game! It definitely needs to be overhauled!
I have to argue with this, the three worst consules in the game are the two tachyon detections off both nebulas and the torpedo that is able to fire on cloaked ships.