Lieutenant
I don't suppose anyone from Cryptic/PW has said, have they? Just trying to gauge how many times I'll need to run through KAS before I complete my MACO mk 12 set.
Commander
# 2
07-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't think they ever stated it.

I've had 6 Proto drops in 180 runs on my main, which is 3.33%, but that's a better rate than most people I know in the game. All proto drops presumably have an equal drop-rate.
Captain
# 3
07-31-2012, 02:00 PM
They've never stated it, although they have stated that they wouldn't state it.

IIRC there was a long thread awhile go that tried to quantify it. I think the best guess was 1% or less. I've got the full Mk XII space and ground set for my Fed main. I've been working on a Klingon alt. I've done nothing but elites on my klingon toon. It's taken me 100 runs or more to get a piece of proto tech. On my Fed Main it took around 150 Cure runs to get the gun tech.

So my best guess is the drop rate is between .5% and 1%, ie it will take between 100-200 runs of each STF to get all 6 pieces.
Commander
# 4
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
They need to make the drops a universal tech (Uncommon, Rare, or Prototype) that can be used to requisition a deflector, shield, or engine item of the tier appropriate for the drop item's rarity (Uncommon = Mk X, Rare = Mk XI, Prototype = Mk XII).

Having them unique like this is really annoying; I keep getting proto shield drops on ISE repeatedly when I run them all for EDC's/Dilithium, yet I can't get CSE to drop my proto engine tech to save my life.