Survivor of Romulus
# 21
07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
35 new fed ships = lies (ship takes from the c-store, reskined and thrown back into the fleet Z-store)

(New ship = new... not something taken from the c-store, turned blue then being sold for more)

only new ship on there is the aqarius thingy.
Banned
# 22
07-24-2012, 01:54 PM
if cryptic cared about upsetting the playerbase we wouldnt still have lockboxes. all they are about is making money, and adding the exal would mean they would sell more ship modules
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philo5oraptor View Post
if cryptic cared about upsetting the playerbase we wouldnt still have lockboxes. all they are about is making money, and adding the exal would mean they would sell more ship modules
they have a number of ships in game that cant be used by the players that could most likely make them money (Typhoon,Jupiter, Numerous Nuasicaan,Gorn and Orion npc ships)
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
False equivelancy. While I'm sure they'd make more money from Fleet Modules by offering an Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter, the backlash from the playerbase probably would not be worth it. Then again, maybe it would. Keep in mind that the lock boxes were also regulated by CBS Studios' wishes that the ultra-rare ships remain ultra-rare and not commonly accessible by any player. If they tell Cryptic to jump, Cryptic's only response is to ask 'How high?'. If CBS Studios doesn't want a T5 Connie in the game, a T5 Connie doesn't get put in the game. If they want lock boxes in the game, Cryptic puts lock boxes in the game. There doesn't need to be any logic involved -- they own the license, they set the rules however rational or irrational they may be.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Banned
# 25
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
and since the excal ISNT a connie, none of that matters
Empire Veteran
# 26
07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
theres no fleet tkono ether to go with the lack of fleet connie too. your lieing to yourself if you think the connie and excalibur are 2 different things. 1 only exists to be a costume for the other.

starfleet would not have built a ship like the excalibur anyway, and cbs knows it. ships that small are built in shapes like the saber, only the largest ships have a traditional layout. a saber design does a beter job maximizing usable space, it needs to because when it was launched its considered a small ship, even though its volume is greater then the connies. modern large ships in traditional configuration are large enough that thier shape does not limit usable space.

TL;DR the excaliber should not even exist.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
07-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
and since the excal ISNT a connie, none of that matters
Different skin, same ship. More people want a T5 Connie than a T5 Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter. There have been more threads about having a T5 Connie than any of the other skins. It'd be a slap in the face to the other players who have asked for it for over 2 years.

While I do agree with you, a T5 Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter would be awesome... I wouldn't want it at the cost of insulting the players who have wanted a T5 Connie since game launch.

I don't like lock boxes either, but I don't think because Cryptic has ticked off a bunch of players that they should keep ticking them off. It doesn't have to be a Pandora's Box. You tick them off once, you're free to do it as often as possible. It doesn't have to work like that, and it's honestly not a good business move on their part to do just that. I'm on your side when I say I would like a T5 Excalibur, I really am. But I don't think it's wise to tick off a bunch of players just to get it in the game. Because they would be ticked they got every skin except the one they've always wanted for the same exact ship.

This is all I'm saying on the matter. At this point we'll just argue in circles. We can agree to disagree.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Career Officer
# 28
07-24-2012, 02:12 PM
So, there are still NO KDF Fleet ships that can qualify for the FSM discount?

Seriously, these are per character ships. A lot of people have alts. Paying nearly as much as an Account Ship crazy. All the fleet ships should be 500 Zen.
Career Officer
http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=621601

"Currently, all Fleet ships are Tier 5 and typically have +10% Hull HP and +10% Shields; they also typically come with a 10th console slot"

so the man himself says fleet ships are tier 5 but better!

-_-

i dont want to live on this planet anymore....
Career Officer
# 30
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
could you make it any more confusing ?