Career Officer
# 1 Regent Issues
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
When selecting the Fleet Emblem on the Regent, it does not display. Instead it's a blank box.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 2
08-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Blank box?

So.....the blank fleet?

jk, That is a little odd. but I'm sure they will fix it.
Career Officer
# 3
09-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, black box here too.

When running MACO shields the bussards pulsate weirdly / brightly in sector space and in exploration sectors. Its like the non MACO bussards are shining thru, some times together, or individually. The closer zoomed in the worse it is, once you zoom out enough it is not noticable. But in any instance (mission, etc.), they work correctly with a really cool (thanks devs!) fore-aft brightness transition and crystal lattice design.

Also with MACO shields, when using Breen engines part of the exhaust trails disappear into the pylons (chrome section) when viewing from astern. Overhead view and from the bow look fine. I think it happens with another "deluxe" trails engine, but I can remember if/which. Standard trails engines (Jem'H., etc.) are not affected by this as far as I've found.

Any attention shown to the above would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
Ensign
# 4
09-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Also having the black box issue when selecting the fleet emblem. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, as I really like the Regent design.
Career Officer
# 5
09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I played around with my graphics settings and found the flickering bussards are directly related to the bloom settings. If I change to low bloom settings it goes away completely in sector space. I am now running bloom on high but have adjusted the adjacent slider to 10%. It is still there but barely visable. This is probably related to the wider bloom issues from various threads throughout the forums.

Hopefully a fix there will help here.

Further on the disappearing deluxe impulse trails, Borg engine contrail also disappears into the MACO chrome on the pylons...

Win7 x64
Intel i7
AMD HD 6850
Catalyst 12.8
Game options: Max Settings; DirX 9
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...