Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 1 Exposing the GOLD Farmers
07-23-2012, 04:56 AM
Well Master keys are 1.7-1.8 million EC and the Gold Farmers are making a killing. How you say, well let me break it down for you. If you buy a key @ $1.25 or a ten pack for $11.25 and sell it on the exchange for 1.7-1.8 EC.

So sell (10 key @ 1,700,000 = 17,000,000 EC) most all Gold Farmers sell STO EC @ $1.00 per million. Which means they are making around $5.00-8.00 profit for doing nothing.

I could care less its just a funny fun fact Cryptic is paying the farmers.


I have no issue with players playing exchange PVP because I do so myself and am pretty dam good at it too. I speaking of the gold farmers that sale EC for real money and how cryptic is enabling them. If anything they are cutting into players profits. So a easy solution to end REAL GOLD FARMERS in game.

This is where you guys at Cryptic should open them ears up. Make a currency exchange EC, Latinum, Dilithium , and ZEN all exchangeable. Wait!....Don't say well this will cut into your money grab because it will not cryptic people will buy zen from you to turn it into EC in order to buy high price stuff off the exchange. Its a three way win for us, the buyers and YOU CRYPTIC.....Think about it....and get back to me.

Last edited by warlordsob; 07-25-2012 at 02:09 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 2
07-23-2012, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordsob View Post
...most all Gold Farmers sell...
Sell?How you know they sell or not?Just because they spam the chat doesnt mean they sell.
People sell keys because they want to turn ZP into ec.If gold farmers would SELL everyone would stop buying keys .Also keys prices are set by demand on exchange not by Illuminati and ec farmers.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
# 3
07-23-2012, 05:07 AM
That's saying anyone is willing to pay real money for EC, since it's so easy to get in the first place.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 4 OK
07-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Sell?How you know they sell or not?Just because they spam the chat doesnt mean they sell.
People sell keys because they want to turn ZP into ec.If gold farmers would SELL everyone would stop buying keys .Also keys prices are set by demand on exchange not by Illuminati and ec farmers.
anyone listing a key under 1.7 or now looks like 1.8 they just buy it and repost it just as I do on most any market i want to take over. I sold 19 keys that i bought when the exchange was selling them for 1-1.2 million @ 1.6 and they were all purchase by the same person I will not say his name but he was a real PAL.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 5
07-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Any item bought in exchange should INSTANTLY bind

and remember folks "Gold farmers" are criminals
they want your credit card details or pay pal details so they can rob you

Honest men do not do this
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,007
# 6
07-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Any item bought in exchange should INSTANTLY bind
I disagree with this but I can understand where you and others are coming from.

I was thinking on my walk in this morning that it;s been weeks since I;ve seen a zone chat spam for gold. I was wondering if they had just given up and moved onto a different game or....

I buy and sell masker keys quite often although it;s been awhile. I wish someone was paying me to play the game but they're not. Just a quick request to watch the generalization of who's doing farming. Thanks
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 7
07-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Mr Wendells reputation is spotless
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
# 8 I'll pay you
07-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
I disagree with this but I can understand where you and others are coming from.

I was thinking on my walk in this morning that it;s been weeks since I;ve seen a zone chat spam for gold. I was wondering if they had just given up and moved onto a different game or....

I buy and sell masker keys quite often although it;s been awhile. I wish someone was paying me to play the game but they're not. Just a quick request to watch the generalization of who's doing farming. Thanks
I'll pay you 3 cents an hour to farm for me hehehe...................... No really!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 9
07-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordsob View Post
anyone listing a key under 1.7 or now looks like 1.8 they just buy it and repost it just as I do on most any market i want to take over. I sold 19 keys that i bought when the exchange was selling them for 1-1.2 million @ 1.6 and they were all purchase by the same person I will not say his name but he was a real PAL.
Doesnt matter if they do that ,people will buy those keys anyway thus deman rule applies.
I can tell you 30 people who play the exchange to make profit and buy ships.I'm one of them .I made billions buying cheap and selling expensive .None of them are "gold farmers".


Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Any item bought in exchange should INSTANTLY bind
In a game where everything is bound you want that
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 10
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
We need to stop the "market massacre" thats happening now

There are WAY too many people buying stuff and reposting it immediately at a 50% mark up

this is not commerce its theft
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.