Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 11
07-30-2012, 12:36 PM
zebular

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate you keeping an eye on this thread.
I'm going to try wiping my computer back to factory state (it really needs to be done anyway) and also installing the game on someone else's computer and testing this out as nothing in the supports list of things to try is working. I'm sure I'll end up with the same thing happening as you did but at least I can then guarantee we're both not loosing the plot and I can have a moan at support for not helping and not knowing how their game works.

Will keep updating as I get more info.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpoll View Post
zebular

Thanks for your input. I really appreciate you keeping an eye on this thread.
I'm going to try wiping my computer back to factory state (it really needs to be done anyway) and also installing the game on someone else's computer and testing this out as nothing in the supports list of things to try is working. I'm sure I'll end up with the same thing happening as you did but at least I can then guarantee we're both not loosing the plot and I can have a moan at support for not helping and not knowing how their game works.

Will keep updating as I get more info.
Good luck!

Just for reference, my Desktop is Windows Vista 32bit and the laptop is Windows 7 64bit.

I normally re-partition and format my Desktop once or twice a year. Usually only twice a year when I go crazy and download a lot of games, installing, uninstalling and re-installing them - that or Windows Update does bad things. Thanfully, I've only ever had to format once due to a Virus, which was several years ago in a period when I didn't have a Symantec subscription and was using ZoneAlarm/AVG combo.

I have never had a virus get past my Norton products, only in the interim when I tried other company's products. I am currently using the latest incarnation of Norton Internet Security with their yearly subsvription that covers every device in our household. I have been a user, off and on (mostly on) since their Norton Utilities for windows 95 and then later System Works product, back in '98.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]
Lt. Commander
# 13 A proper response! Huzzah!
07-30-2012, 03:06 PM
I got a response and a proper one at that! Thank you so much Support!

I sent them a new ticket basically with nothing more than a link to this thread. Here is the ticket and response I just got back (only a mere 2 hours after sending the ticket! I was expecting it to be a week before I heard back!):

Quote:
I am not going to repeat myself or repeat what other have said. Please review this thread for all the pertinent information on this bug.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=326121

My original report:
Star Trek Online Game Client Login Account Name Field, 120113-000038
Quote:
Response Via Email (Support Staff 48) - 07/30/2012 12:03 PM

You will have to wait for the developers to find a fix for this issue. For now, there is nothing further that we can do to solve the issue.

Please send us any other information that you discover about this issue, and keep the thread alive and updated.

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team
http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/
https://support.perfectworld.com/

Ensign
# 14
07-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Did someone solved this "permission denied - illegal parameter" problem? Because as long as perfect world/cryptic isn't changing my email adress I even can't receive any mail. And with this problem I can't read possible answers in my tickets :/
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouriki View Post
Did someone solved this "permission denied - illegal parameter" problem? Because as long as perfect world/cryptic isn't changing my email adress I even can't receive any mail. And with this problem I can't read possible answers in my tickets :/
Do you mean the error you get when trying to open up your ticket(s) through the Support Web Site?

Ensign
# 16
08-02-2012, 06:24 AM
Aye. But nevermind, the problem solved itself somehow. Maybe because I opened up another ticket where I stated this problem. Maybe because of another reason, we sure will never know :x
Career Officer
# 17
08-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I think it's a programming issue that needs to be changed.
For Cryptic users the @name and account name were identical. So the Remember Function saves the @name. Unfortunately, when we switched to PWE the @name and the account name were two separate variables. The program is still storing the @name without checking if we're PWE and supposed to store the account name.

Of course the real question is: Why can't we hit a switch characters button instead of a log out? After all, we're really logging out just to switch characters. It's annoying to have to reenter an account name and password every time.
There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjexcimer500 View Post
Why can't we hit a switch characters button instead of a log out? After all, we're really logging out just to switch characters. It's annoying to have to reenter an account name and password every time.
I agree! I would love to just be able to return to the character seletion screen instead of having to log out and log back in each and every time I wish to switch characters. Which is often when I don't feel like doing anything else but the DOff assignments.

Lt. Commander
# 19
08-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Keeping this thread alive as requested by the Development department.

My ticket on this issue has closed automatically. It is NOT SOLVED.

Just to note also, the currnet RaiderZ CBT client does NOT have this issue. So whatever was done there was done right and needs to be done to STO and CO.

Lt. Commander
# 20
08-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Keeping the thread alive, as requested, while this is still an issue. I just checked again and the Client Login still reverts back to my old Cryptic usernames when checking to remember me. Again, this does not happen in the Launcher login, just the Client one, when switching charaters. It also happens in the Champions Online client.

This does not happen in the RaiderZ or Forsaken World clients. I don't have any other PWE games installed to check. I just know that it happens in CO and STO.