Career Officer
# 1 Tholian Web useless in PVE
07-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Ok, I just want to say first, that I know it's OP in PVP.

However, its completely worthless at the moment in PVE. And here's why. As soon as anyone deploys it, the enemy NPCs immediately attack the Tholian Web Weaver NPCs and blow them up in one second. Seriously. Whether it's a story mission, STF, or Fleet Starbase grind, the NPCs ALWAYS cut down the threaders long before the web collapses.

Im hoping this is just an AI bug and that its something that can be easily rectified. But come on, this is pretty big.

Solution: make the weavers less threatening to NPCs. Thats about all I can really ask of it.
Career Officer
# 2
07-24-2012, 07:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tdZo4_0nc&feature=plcp

You should be able to see that happening in that video. If you can't and you really really want more footage of NPC's targeting the nodes I'm sure we could get some.

Okay its not all the time, but it's often. Some of the fails seem to be just the spread of the NPC's. But some are certainly because the nodes are being targeted.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 3
07-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
Ok, I just want to say first, that I know it's OP in PVP.

However, its completely worthless at the moment in PVE. And here's why. As soon as anyone deploys it, the enemy NPCs immediately attack the Tholian Web Weaver NPCs and blow them up in one second. Seriously. Whether it's a story mission, STF, or Fleet Starbase grind, the NPCs ALWAYS cut down the threaders long before the web collapses.

Im hoping this is just an AI bug and that its something that can be easily rectified. But come on, this is pretty big.

Solution: make the weavers less threatening to NPCs. Thats about all I can really ask of it.
Fun fact, It's useless in STF's too. Donatra apparently has a phasing cloak as she gets out of it... allies however are stuck inside until it fades, Q help them if it's nearly collapsed.