Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Updated status of Exchange and Mail bugs.
Added Tal'kyr claiming bug.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
Added bugs for polaron phase modules, camera shake option, and call for help bugs.
I have to bring up Options, switch it to any other camera view, hit ok. Then go back in and select Chase and hit ok. It will correct.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Mail deletion and chat buffer recall missing were fixed in the 7/27 patch, not the 7/26. 7/26 is the patch the broke the mail.

Last edited by awolfe59; 07-27-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
i suppose this is a bug

when you have a message from your dof, that pops up on the screen,
it shows some one else's name and a different person /picture etc
Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

Lieutenant
# 15
07-28-2012, 12:07 AM
The Horta DOFF from 2800.
It is supposed to be just having him means you can replicate White. That was broken for a while then fixed. That is broken again.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemorgan View Post
It is supposed to be just having him means you can replicate White. That was broken for a while then fixed. That is broken again.
There is no Horta doff. I think you mean Vorta.
Starfleet Veteran
This is not an old bug, but after searching the forums for this problem, this thread seemed the most likely to be addressed. I have not found any other reports of this bug, and never experienced the 'cannot delete mail' bug. Thankfully, I didn't log in until after the July 27 patch.

Mailing a stack of items from inventory prompts number correctly, but item name is completely different - Example: At SFA, dragging stack of 250 commodities from inventory to mail message prompts "How many of Volume 14, Chapter 1 would you like to transfer?"

Details:
At SFA, used lore data chips that I needed, retrieved about 3 more from mail that were returned from exchange. Put all but 2 up for sale on exchange. Opened mail, addressed to my account, intend mailing 5 stacks of Industrial Energy Cells. Drag the stack of 250 Ind. Energy Cells from Inventory to mail; prompts "How many of Volume 14, Chapter 1 would you like to transfer?" (don't remember the exact wording)

A check of inventory items - I don't have ANY Volume 14, Chapter 1 lore chips in my inventory. I do have a couple of lore chips, but they are not that particular volume/chapter. Close out mail and inventory windows, reopen and repeat procedure, same prompt. Clear mail in case something is cached, close out mail and inventory windows again, reopen, rinse and repeat, same message. Finally take deep breath and accept the 250 'data logs', mail, and received mail does contain the 250 stack of commodity as intended.

Thought perhaps something was cached from retrieving datalogs from mail, so took the 250 stack of items back into inventory, deleted the old mail message, close and reopen all windows again, drag the stack - still asking if I want to transfer 250 of this non-existent data log.

I succeeded in sending 5 stacks of 250 Industrial Energy Cells to myself, but each time the prompt for the number of items to transfer to mail named this one data chip. I was so frustrated, I did not double-check if that one was put up for sale, or if it was one that I had 'used'. I assume it was one or the other, not just a random data chip. Only other possible relevant fact is that the ones I 'used' were opened by double-clicking on them in inventory. I remember I had 2 that gave me an accolade, the others gave the "You cannot equip that item" message. (Wish it would say 'you already have that item' or something similar, but that's another commentary)

<edit> Tried again 7/28; the item it says it is moving is definitely the last one put up for sale on Exchange. So, yesterday, I put an armored EV suit up for sale on the exchange, collected a stack of prototype sedative from a mail, deleted that mail, made another addressed to myself, dragged the stack of prototype sedatives to new mail, and it asked me how many EV suits I would like to transfer.

<edit#2> Apparently not limited to posting an item on exchange, it seems to be caching the last item moved or dragged, regardless of whether it is being transferred to another window. The next time I experienced this (7/30), I did nothing with the exchange, all I did was move items around in my inventory. On taking some items out of one mail and creating another mail to myself, dragged a stack of tholian reward packs to the mail message, and it asked how many common mk XII armors I wanted to move to the message.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

Last edited by blackjackwidow; 07-31-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-28-2012, 09:02 AM
The sector instancing bug that was fixed many weeks ago is back. Makes DOFFing more tedious as you have to check all instances.
Career Officer
# 19
07-28-2012, 09:15 AM
been seeing this one today, in the Tailor I can't change the com-badges or ranks on my uniforms. Also if your female is wearing a skirt her legs disappear.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Captain
# 20
07-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman1229 View Post
I have to bring up Options, switch it to any other camera view, hit ok. Then go back in and select Chase and hit ok. It will correct.
The problem is it will keep going back to free camera. The bug is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
Mailing a stack of items from inventory prompts number correctly, but item name is completely different - Example: At SFA, dragging stack of 250 commodities from inventory to mail message prompts "How many of Volume 14, Chapter 1 would you like to transfer?"
Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe59 View Post
Mail deletion and chat buffer recall missing were fixed in the 7/27 patch, not the 7/26. 7/26 is the patch the broke the mail.
I don't think I said which patches fixed it, just that they were, and are now fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilemorgan View Post
The bug about bartenders and chefs covers this I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe59 View Post
The sector instancing bug that was fixed many weeks ago is back. Makes DOFFing more tedious as you have to check all instances.
Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
been seeing this one today, in the Tailor I can't change the com-badges or ranks on my uniforms. Also if your female is wearing a skirt her legs disappear.
The general bug about the tailor covers this.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----