Commander
# 11
07-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Beam Overload does NOT work with the lance. You should never use beam overload with the Dreadnought unless you are an engineer. The severe power drain from overload (-50, equal to the lance) makes all of your follow up energy attacks extremely weak just like the lance will. Doing it more than once diminishes your overall dps immensely.

ussultimatum gave a very good and sturdy boff layout. That's pretty much what I use when using the Dreadnought. Though I personally tank and replace EWP1 with DEMII for increased aggro generation.

Also Aux to Structural 3 is a heal you cannot dismiss. With a decent aux setting (Mine is at 75 total), I get over 7k per heal, sometimes upwards to 9k. Coupled with the insane hull resistance it provides, the 15 second up/down timer, it's far more useful than warp plasma or aceton.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.

Last edited by daiouvegeta2; 07-25-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Captain
# 12
07-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
Beam Overload does NOT work with the lance.
It doesn't? Hmm, thats counterintuitive. Good to know though.
Commander
# 13
07-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Strange thing about it is, it does not work with the lance AND FAW, BO, and Lance all share the same global cooldown timer.

Lt. Commander
# 14
07-25-2012, 12:09 PM
wow... ummm

It will not work with that setup you have. You are going to have to do some serious rethinking of some of those skills... May I suggest the following.

Bridge officers
LTC Engineering: ET1,RSP1, EPtS3 OR EPtW1, ET2, EPtS3
Commander Engineering: ET1, DEM1, EPtS3, EWP2 or 3
LT SCience: ST(your choice), HE(your choice) OR TSS(your choice)
Tacticals are just fine.

Devices you should have equipped
SHIELD BATTERIES!

Now about those SPACE skills... Yeah your trying to be Mr Super Science in a Tanking Class ship, not a good fit... Current setup you have, you will die, quickly, in a cruiser.

think about balancing out your build some and have at least 6 points in the following...
Starship Batteries
Starship Hull Plating
Starship Armor Reinforcements
Starship Shield Performance

These will buff your hull and resistances, along with your shields.

On science, you really need to decide what you want to be. Some skills you need to keep...
Starship Shield Emitters
Starship Power Insulators
Starships Shield Systems
Starship Inertial Dampners
(Rest are science skill based on what you specialize in)

THe ship itself...
In the Devidian Mission, you can get a semi decent blue quality Mk XI phaser, either in ACC or DMG buff (NOTE NOT the BLUE TOS beams, the other ones)

You can use those till you earn STF and Borg weapons later.

For equipment I suggest the following...
BOrg Deflector
Borge Engines
Maco Shield (X, Xi, Xii) OR a good Standard shield with at least REGx2 (x3 if you can get it) buff

Engineer slots: Monitonium, Neutronium x2, BOrg Console
Science slots: Field Generator Console, Particle Generator
Tac Slots: Phaser Relay x3

This will make you a touch more tanky along with helping you to survive more. NOTE: this is not a DPS build, it is more for Surviving/Support, then damage.

the EPtS3 will boost those shields hard, and the TSS adds resistance, mix in the TACTeam to shore it all up and be pretty much untouchable by any PVE mob. You can probably figure out the rest of the skills and how they will help you and your team to survive being a science background you have.

Still understand this is only my recommendations, copy a character to tribble and experiment some.
Career Officer
# 15
07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
ussultimatum gave a very good and sturdy boff layout. That's pretty much what I use when using the Dreadnought. Though I personally tank and replace EWP1 with DEMII for increased aggro generation.

Honestly I wouldn't use EWP on the Galaxy either as I find the poor maneuverability makes using EWP a bit awkward.

The OP had it in the build, and EWP itself isn't a bad power so I left it in.

Generally, I would recommend a second copy of EPTS 3, ES 2, ET 3 or DEM 3 instead.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 07-25-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Banned
# 16
07-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Someone already linked my thread. All my comments are there.
Commander
# 17
07-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Reply deleted, answered my own question.

Ensign
# 18 Thank You
07-26-2012, 05:55 PM
First off, I would like to say Thank You to everyone who has replied to this thread. I really appreciate all of the help and advice.

As a player who doesn't spend tons of time on the game to test a bunch of things out, this really helps.

For my player skills, thank you for the suggestions. I have been thinking of respecing the character since being a VA, I can fly any ship I wish.

I will follow your multitudes of advice and continue my quest.

Thanks everyone!