Captain
# 1 Could Sci Kits get a nerf?
08-31-2012, 08:58 PM
I just saw a Sci Officer solo Armek on Elite.

Now come on, why are the Sci Kits so overpowered that a single person can solo an endgame ground boss by spamming their healing?

I think a nerf is in order.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post

Now come on, why are the Sci Kits so overpowered that a single person can solo an endgame ground boss by spamming their healing?

No /10char
Career Officer
# 3
08-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:

Science officers are SUPPOSED to be healers. The kit was working as intended, it's just called being a good player. How would you like it if that guy were on your team when YOU tried to take Armek on Elite?

Personally, though, I tend to think that Sci Kits are a little underpowered. Tacs get grenades, weapon buffs, stealth... Engineers get turrets, drones, bombs, mines... Science kits get some roots, a little AoE, and heals that I personally think are a little underpowered a bit.

Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-03-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Commander
# 4 wow.
08-31-2012, 10:10 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines

Last edited by bluegeek; 09-03-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Ensign
# 5
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Nerf a sci kit because it can be used to solo Armek? Does that not suggest that the boss is too easy?

Armek has a routine and a set of attacks that are easy to learn, when someone engages him at close range he won't use his powerful range attacks and when more than one get too close he spams a hard-hitting AoE attack and now that melee weapons got a buff soloing Armek can be done a little quicker.

If an STF boss room/area can be taken solo, does that not suggest that something needs a buff or change and not something needs a nerf?
Lieutenant
# 6
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
As said above, the sci is the healer, shame on the player that it dares using the kit powers. You know what OP? How about they also take away the turrets and mortars? Because you can solo Armek with that too. Just get the mortar duplicating doff and drop them before engaging Armek until you get lucky and spawn in 3, outside the shield the game puts up. Then go in and dance around Armek until the mortars finish him off, since those can fire inside the shield. Or wait, let's take away Ambush, Stealth, the Grenades too. Everyone should use guns/melee only, right? Sheesh. It is the bets tactic to have a sci with medic or borg analyzer be in Melee with Armek, so everyone else can take shots at it without invoking the AoE spam or the ranged rage.
Ensign
# 7
08-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:

^ This is why we can't have nice things.
Captain
# 8
09-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:

No.

The kit you saw was likely Medic. A healing kit. Sci gets nerfed enough.. No.

If you want sci nerfed, then why not nerf tactical's operative kit, so no more 1hit kos, and fire team, so there is no stacking damage bonuses, remove the heal from 'rally cry'
While we are at it, nerf engineering kits, bombs should hit nothing. mines should have to be bought in the shops and explode on the user, drones should all malfunction and attack the player who used them.

Each type of captain has a kit which is particularly useful, crying NERF! should be applied to all not one if you so wish to cry.

Not everything in the game needs nerfing . Besides, Sci trades damage output for control/healing that tacticals dont have in lieu of massive dps.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:

No Way Jose!
Commander
# 10
09-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmune View Post
Nerf a sci kit because it can be used to solo Armek? Does that not suggest that the boss is too easy?

?
for a scie player the boss is easy and can be dones solo that not says the boss is easy in groups with no scie it can end in a neverr ending fight what players leave finally.

i dont think scie is overpower only he can heal others are dead about no heal abillity.

the basic prob is in ground you have much to low skills if you compare it to space.
a tak have 4 dmg buffs what runs some sec, a eng can craft 3 turrets and scie have 3 heals, thats all what exist.

to remove heal skill from scie? what give him then turrets or a small dmg buff?