Career Officer
# 121
07-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Cool looking suits. Not worth 7 bucks a toon though. I won't be buying. I have several toons now and if i want an EV suit for all of them I'll just play the last DS9 based FE. I agree with the majority. Should be an account unlock. I'll spend money for something else. Like an Armitage or Odyssey pack. At least all my Feds can use it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Used to be brobinson1263. Now I have to use something different for a forum name. Guess I'll use my motorcycle model.
Forum Member since October 2009 - LTS since February 2010
Thanks for the custom Avatars back. Now I have to find my old sig
Starfleet Veteran
# 122
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Cryptic has messed up big time here. People are already annoyed at the cost of the new fleet ships and the fact they are per charactor unlocks, adding these EV suits like this just adds more fuel to the fire. I understand the logic, they want rich people to buy multiple ones and put them on the exchange so they can raise enough EC to get lockbox items (a strategy more people are using now), but I refuse to accept it. Every single art asset that is added to the game now becomes an item to sell (new Tholian NPC ships - lockbox), its quite clear now, more so from the pricing that Cryptic has lost all contact with thier morals (was bad enough with the lockboxes that are borderline illegal in some countries).

Is STO on its way down? Is the reason they are double dipping so much right now because they feel STO is going to collapse and they want to get as much money now as possable before it does? It just feels like thier current buisness model is not based on repeat customers anymore, since it keeps burning people.

It's sad that after been apart of this community for several years, my love of the game is close to been all but gone, I don't wan't to play a ship collecting game, I want a Star Trek MMO, I don't want to get told 'but they have to make money' when they still DO have a subscription model in place! There comes a point when a buisness is no longer just making money, they are just fleecing the customer and in the end, companies that make thier customers feel abused almost always go out of buisness...

Very sad day in STO's history... :-.(

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 123
07-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchee View Post
OH AND STILL NO PATCHES EPIC FAIL PW
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=327591
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Correction: PWE doesn't value or respect it's customer base. Cryptic does, but has to follow their orders, and thus appear to have that mentality, but it's laughably absurd that you could think Cryptic is like that.

And before anyone responds to this, keep in mind that I've been with STO since Open Beta, and I still support Cryptic (And you all know that's saying something). Not PWE though.

That is all
I'm sorry, but this just reminds me of the phrase "We were just following orders". What Cryptic is doing is wrong and they are severaly damaging whatever reputation they have left. I find it hard to believe that no one in the Cryptic building has any control at all over anything in STO anymore. It just remeinds me of 'The year of hell' where everyone blamed Atari for everything that was wrong, it just feels like no matter goes wrong in this game, its always someone elses fault, not Cryptics, I don't buy that anymore.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 125
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post

Is STO on its way down? Is the reason they are double dipping so much right now because they feel STO is going to collapse and they want to get as much money now as possable before it does? It just feels like thier current buisness model is not based on repeat customers anymore, since it keeps burning people.
I think there's more options than that. For example the marketing team could be on something, or just mind boggingly stupid. Seriously, how do you reach 700 Zen as a good price? I can go in right now and buy a costume for 550 that gives me more options, and is account wide and then buy the melee weapon pack which is a single character unlock for 300 and end up only 150 over the price of the EV Suit. Do they even want people to buy this? I mean it's gotta take a whole new level of chump to buy into this. I'm not saying they don't exist, it's just hard to imagine building a viable business model off of convincing people to pay more for less.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Rihannsu
# 126
07-25-2012, 09:18 PM
IMHO and I can only speak for myself, this is just more worthless stuff. Sadly the thing I was liking most -- the FE's-- have gone the way of the Dinasuars. For me that is just sad.

Last edited by akaar2; 07-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 127 Don't get two greedy
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Yes, the per character price of 700 Z is overpriced; I will possibly get two (one for my first FED and KDF), but that is it. It is just a vanity item and is definitely not worth buying any more than two. Add more or reduce price then I will consider more in the future.
Ensign
# 128
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
this was posted before the patch notes so if ya would like i can edit the post
But it is funny how the they wait till the last min. to do the patches and seems like they aka PWE is more worried about selling stuff and to make a buck rather then fixing what is BORKED . allmost feels like there are trying to milk us before they sell ????

just something to ponder
Empire Veteran
# 129
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Cryptic, you do realize that Champions Online (Cryptic's other MMO) offers account-wide costume unlocks for 475 zen. Why is Star Trek Online so much more expensive?
Indeed it's like they are trying to kill this game. 250 Zen for an account unlock, or 500 Zen for both as an account unlock would be better. No way in hell am I playing 700 Zen I have 16 characters.

Really PWE/Cryptic, don't you get it, if you sell account unlocks or single unlock things really cheap you'll make more money in the long run as more people will buy these things as they are more value for money, only a select few I can see wasting money on this. First the Fleet Ships and now this, you really are getting greedy and like ripping off your customers. Everytime I think you can't stoop any lower you show me there are no limits to your greed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 130
07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
As a casual player who lives from paycheck to paycheck, They are putting the game out of my price range at this point...

It took me 5 months to save up for the LTS while I was also paying the monthly fee...

I thought the game was worth it back then but lately, with everything being priced on the high side, I've had to cut way back on my STO expenditures...

Shame really, the game is still kinda fun fun to play, but it's becoming a "keeping-up-with-the Jones' ", type of thing and I'd rather eat and put gas in the car, than attempt to play what is essentially becoming a money-pit.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.