Career Officer
# 201
07-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Whoever came up with that pricing needs a slap in the face, 700 Zen for one character? seriously?

Click the signature to enter a world of wonder!
Career Officer
# 202
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Right, while it's true people probably protest more easily than they shower others with praise, the fact remains that not every thread on this forum is dominated by objections to as great an an extent as this one is. If the response isn't always uniformly negative, there are things to be inferred from the instances when it is. To dismiss these instances is a mistake.

And "you people"? Seriously? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I was in the presence of greatness.
"You people" was obviously referring to the people that think that the forums are represented by the majority of players, so don't try to start a fight where there isn't one. Though to be honest, the fact that I don't get off on throwing a tantrum on the forums would probably make me a better person yes. As far as the rest of your comment, I've seen items get welcomed with much more hate than this, and you see those items everywhere you look in the game. In this case, dismissing the minority opinion wouldn't be a mistake. People were complaining about the free TNG anniversary stuff, people complain just to complain. So yeah, it's gonna get ignored. If people complain when something is free, they're not really going to care when you complain about things on the c store. I've already seen a lot of these suits running around in such a short time. So many people wanted this suit, they're gonna buy it. End of story.
Captain
# 203
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
I've already seen a lot of these suits running around in such a short time.
And those people either have more money than sense or no respect for this game and where this game is going as a whole, and/or it's designers and developers who deserve a bit more respect than to have their designs disrespected as much as PWE have done!

The negative reaction this cosmetic suit has gained so far should say it all. The designers of said cosmetic suit deserve far more respect than those who have put the price on it deserve. Whomever decided the price and conditions of handing this piece over to us players obviously have no respect for the designers of which are going to be on the receiving end of the hard feelings! Like think about it... After all this justified negativity, who's gonna feel worse? Those who put the pricing on the suits? Or those who designed it? The designers are gonna feel the brunt of it, trust me!

Sorry for my rant but, I am totally against the high cost and the one per character condition that has been placed on this, and at the same time I seriously feel for those dev members that put a hell of a lot of work into designing it for us who wanted it. But for the designers to get that feeling of accomplishment, ya know? That real good feeling you get when folk are happy with what you've made for them? Well... the powers that be at PWE are seriously gonna have to rethink their pricing structure and do away with this "One Per Character" BS to do their design team justice! Because the designers aint gonna get that "Good Feeling of Accomplishment" after what's gone down here today! And that's unfair to them!

And on a more selfish note (Forgetting the designers/developers for a moment)... Do we as a player-base really want this to be the future of STO? Where everything new that's introduced from here on, to be "One Per Character"? I think not!

That's all I have to say really... Just think of the designers as well as yourselves people! Stand your ground on the pricing and conditions by all means! YOU as well as the Dev team deserve the support! Show PWE what we want and deserve by standing together and not partaking in this purchase until the powers that be rethink their pricing and condition structure!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 07-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 204
07-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
And those people either have more money than sense or no respect for this game and where this game is going as a whole, and/or it's designers and developers who deserve a bit more respect than to have their designs disrespected as much as PWE have done!

The negative reaction this cosmetic suit has gained so far should say it all. The designers of said cosmetic suit deserve far more respect than those who have put the price on it deserve. Whomever decided the price and conditions of handing this piece over to us players obviously have no respect for the designers of which are going to be on the receiving end of the hard feelings! Like think about it... After all this justified negativity, who's gonna feel worse? Those who put the pricing on the suits? Or those who designed it? The designers are gonna feel the brunt of it, trust me!

Sorry for my rant but, I am totally against the high cost and the one per character condition that has been placed on this, and at the same time I seriously feel for those dev members that put a hell of a lot of work into designing it for us who wanted it. But for the designers to get that feeling of accomplishment, ya know? That real good feeling you get when folk are happy with what you've made for them? Well... the powers that be at PWE are seriously gonna have to rethink their pricing structure and do away with this "One Per Character" BS to do their design team justice! Because the designers aint gonna get that "Good Feeling of Accomplishment" after what's gone down here today! And that's unfair to them!

And on a more selfish note (Forgetting the designers/developers for a moment)... Do we as a player-base really want this to be the future of STO? Where everything new that's introduced from here on, to be "One Per Character"? I think not!

That's all I have to say really... Just think of the designers as well as yourselves people! Stand your ground on the pricing and conditions by all means! YOU as well as the Dev team deserve the support! Show PWE what we want and deserve by standing together!
Again 99% of this game is completely free no matter how you look at it, and there are ways to buy the other 1% without using real money. Here's the options, either they'll have to start charging for more items/content at a lower price each, or sell a few items for higher prices. Both options will get the same amount of complaints. Difference with option one, you'll have to stop and purchase more often, and it'll more likely include things that you really want and really matter in the game. Right now, it's just a piece of armor. You don't need it, it's not really going to enhance anything. Plus, you can buy it on the exchange. Hell there was one for 6 million earlier. It's easy to make 6 million credits. Prices on these things are high cuz there's so many ways to get them for free. I don't see anyone complaining about the ways to get anything free, or wanting to pay for more things to keep the costs down. No matter what happens, the same number of people will be unhappy. So there's nothing to be done.
Career Officer
# 205
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I dont want to parrot back everything odyssey47 already said and Im much to tired for this discussion, but I just wanted to show my agreement with his statements.
Captain
# 206
07-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I, on the other hand, disagree with odyssey47.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 207
07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Correction: PWE doesn't value or respect it's customer base. Cryptic does, but has to follow their orders, and thus appear to have that mentality, but it's laughably absurd that you could think Cryptic is like that.

And before anyone responds to this, keep in mind that I've been with STO since Open Beta, and I still support Cryptic (And you all know that's saying something). Not PWE though.

That is all
Except that as a fully owned company Cryptic is now PWE. I'm sorry but the old Cryptic is gone completely. They can't even extricate themselves from PWE at this point, they're their R&D branch you know ..... R&D into how to sell to western markets. The constant pushing Cryptic does in regards to value per dollar is really based around providing metrics for PWE to see how far westeners will accept certain kinds of sale methods. Expect for Cryptic to constantly push what we might consider acceptable to see if they can sell it and how many were sold, so they can report that back to PWE.
Captain
# 208
07-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Except that as a fully owned company Cryptic is now PWE. I'm sorry but the old Cryptic is gone completely. They can't even extricate themselves from PWE at this point, they're their R&D branch you know ..... R&D into how to sell to western markets. The constant pushing Cryptic does in regards to value per dollar is really based around providing metrics for PWE to see how far westeners will accept certain kinds of sale methods. Expect for Cryptic to constantly push what we might consider acceptable to see if they can sell it and how many were sold, so they can report that back to PWE.
I think I've head this before, and I have to say, I agree with what you're saying.

Methinks tonight's conference call went/will go like this:

Quote:
Cryptic: 報告PWE同志! STO玩家們不接受你們為 Federation 跟 KDF Combat Environmental Suit 所定的 700 Zen 價格!
(Comrade PWE! STO players refuse to pay 700 Zen for the Federation and KDF Combat Environmental Suits!)

PWE: Cryptic小子, 你有沒有搞錯? 我們在亞洲市場都怎麼做這麼久了, 西方人怎麼那麼難搞?
(Cryptic, are you nuts? We've been in the Asian market for so long, how hard can it be to sell this to Westerners?)

Cryptic: 可是PWE同志,西方市場不一樣啊... 尤其是 Star Trek 的愛好者, 很重視 canon - 他們要這些太空衣不只在單獨的 character 上使用,也要全 account-wide 的使用, 規格也要比 Nukara Prime 星球上玩的過程得到的普通 EVA suit 更好, 甚至要能給他們所有的 away team 隊員各一套. 更重要的是, 他們寧願只花 300-400 Zen...
(But Comrade PWE, the Western market is different...especially Star Trek fans, they hold canon in high regard, they not only want account-wide instead of character unlock, but also better specs than the suits they get on Nukara Prime, and some even want to outfit their whole away team with them, all for 300-400 Zen...)

PWE: 絕對不行! 你們是來改變他們的思想模式, 要他們花更多錢! 這是我們的股東的要求! Star Trek canon 個屁!
(Out of the question! You're here to change their purchasing habits, make them spend more! Our investors and shareholders demand it! Star Trek canon our asses!)

Cryptic: ...可是...
(...but...)

PWE: 錢拿了再說!
(Take their money first, ask questions later!)
For the first time in my life, I actually genuinely feel sorry for Cryptic...

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 209 uniforms
07-29-2012, 01:57 PM
does anyone know what happened to the ranks and com badges and why they dont work anymore ???
Starfleet Veteran
# 210
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrico1 View Post
does anyone know what happened to the ranks and com badges and why they dont work anymore ???
You will soon have to buy each one for 700 zen per character?