Starfleet Veteran
# 51
07-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I MIGHT be intrigued if this included a shield and a gun with a set bonus AND it unlocked an unhelmeted version as a costume unlock.
I wouldn't, lol, I'm fine with the MACO set bonus for 2 items, I can't think what I'd change that for and I wouldn't spend 700 Zen on one character just to do that.

If it gave a costume unlock, it might make it a little more worthwhile I suppose, then you are paying for a costume more than an EV suit that isn't much better from the drops.

I don't understand the logic behind this, if you make it account unlocked, you would sell more because clearly people don't want single use unlocks for 700 Zen.
Career Officer
# 52
07-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
A $20 per character ship has value and, frankly, makes no difference if you only play one character.
I disagree with you on that, but that's beside the point. It seems that recent items being released are per character unlocks. Even the free TNG stuff we got was a per character unlock. If this is any indication, per character unlocks are now the way things are going to go unfortunately.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Rihannsu
# 53
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not taken to complaining lightly and I am usually more than happy to spend a shed of load money on products if I think they are reasonably priced but this has left me quite disappointed. It's not even about the EV suit itself. I splashed out more on Tholian lock boxes than most people will, so it's really not a money issue for me. This is an issue of principles and I urge cryptic to have a rethink here for the good of everyone. Them and us.

I'm not going to rage at them or insult them, simply to ask them to re-evaluate that idea. sometimes you can end up making more money with a lower priced item and not annoying everyone is never a bad thing. Bad calls like this actually make me lose a little interest in the game but it's nothing that can't be fixed, and this is a bad call. I will always remember Stormshade once said that we need to let them know when they mess up. I think we have one of those times and I want you to respectfully know it.

This is not good pricing for your players and its out of keeping with what has gone before. I know this is the first time you have sold armour so its a new item with a new price and its about finding the right price for what's being offered but honestly I think you got this one wrong. Please, please review it and make everyone happy. Give us a fair price or account wide and we will buy it and we will love it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 54
07-25-2012, 01:43 PM
700 Zen? per character? with worse stats that the Crystaline-Woven suit? and no set bonuses? Jesus Cryptic what have you been putting in your coffee?!?! As many have said this is FAR FAR FAR too expensive for what you're getting.

As much as I'd love to own it, I'm not paying that!
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )
Ensign
# 55
07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Glad i Graduated from the 3rd grade this way i know better then to be Sold by all this Snake Oil Salesmen that are popping out of the PW camp..

Well no more Buys here NICE FAIL PW

OH AND STILL NO PATCHES EPIC FAIL PW

Last edited by munchee; 07-25-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 56
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
This is basically PWE selling art at a cost that fleeces the star trek fanbase. No one who buys items based on quality of equipment is going to buy this, which means gamers aren't the target audience for this overpriced art - star trek fans are.

Amusing that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
07-25-2012, 01:48 PM
First Contact EV Suit? Awesome.
700 Zen per Character? No thanks.
Captain
# 58
07-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Can't claim on all toons can't pay for it.I think its a fair trade.
I think 700zp are @6euros.i have 8 toons x6=48 euros.Few more toons and I'll get a real ev suit to walk around the house and play Neil Armstrong
Survivor of Remus
# 59
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
For the first time im considering walking away from this game after this.

I love STO and i love the social aspect and all the friends i have made in game.

But this is just a no for me............
Career Officer
# 60
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
First off, I want to say that the graphic work on these EV suits looks amazing; the KDF version, in particular, is absolutely stunning.

However, I'm going to add my voice to the chorus here:

In my opinion, 700 Zen for a one-time character unlock is unreasonable. I understand that these will be purchasable from the exchange for energy credits, once people start selling them there, but I for one, prefer to have a feeling of ownership of the items I choose to buy from the Z-Store.

Worse than not being an account wide unlock for the price, is the inability to reclaim the purchase, so that they can't be traded or sold repeatedly. Why would the Z-Store item be tradeable? Isn't the idea of dilithium to provide people with an alternate means of acquiring store items? I'm curious as to the logic behind making this item tradeable, and dissatisfied with the implications that decision has on the Z-Store customers.

The Cryptic team spoke of the importance of adding the feeling of value to the latest lockboxes to hit the game, and from what I understand, sales in that department have been wildly successful. Unfortunately, it seems as though the playerbase is struggling to see the 'value' in this offer.

Last edited by akrilon; 07-25-2012 at 04:19 PM.