Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 574
# 11
07-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh dear, i know a lot of people preferred the original advanced escort configuration, at least the patrol has the universal ENS, but you cant MVAM the patrol escort



you can NOT be serious. stop doing this crytic 5 tac console escorts are terrible game ruining un-defend-against-able monsters!

this is just great, on top of bugs zoming around being unstoppable we will have little MVAM parts flying around with LTC level science heals and attacks being as, if not more, deadly then the bug DAMNIT!
It seems I posted same thing twice... Good for me, need to learn how to delete a post...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 07-25-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 574
# 12
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh dear, i know a lot of people preferred the original advanced escort configuration, at least the patrol has the universal ENS, but you cant MVAM the patrol escort



you can NOT be serious. stop doing this crytic 5 tac console escorts are terrible game ruining un-defend-against-able monsters!

this is just great, on top of bugs zoming around being unstoppable we will have little MVAM parts flying around with LTC level science heals and attacks being as, if not more, deadly then the bug DAMNIT!
Based on bortasqu, with 5 tac consoles, I can say having the 5th one adds an insignificant amount of damage. Due to this, I fly the sci bortasqu, with 2 sci consoles. Damage-wise, this 5 tac console ship is not a serious threat. I made at some point a calculation, and diminishing returns gained from 5th console were very small, even buffed by attack patterns/other buffs.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 13
07-25-2012, 09:43 PM
It's Shipyard Tier 4, so it's going to a while before we see them ... right? I'm looking forward to the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit myself (Shipyard T3).
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 14
07-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Lovely lol. Just wish they would give tac console to my nebula as well.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,179
# 15
07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Based on bortasqu, with 5 tac consoles, I can say having the 5th one adds an insignificant amount of damage. Due to this, I fly the sci bortasqu, with 2 sci consoles. Damage-wise, this 5 tac console ship is not a serious threat. I made at some point a calculation, and diminishing returns gained from 5th console were very small, even buffed by attack patterns/other buffs.
well thats totally wrong. each tactical console adds the same amount of damage, there are no diminishing returns. with each console the % of increase damage is less, because your total damage is that much higher, the goalposts of the equations changed. but the benefit from the console it additive. 1 console + 3 consoles gives just as much additional damage as 1 console + 4 consoles

TL;DR, ANOTHER 5 tac console escort is a BAD THING
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 16
07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Even if there were diminished returns (they imho probably should be), you could always boost your torpedo dmg in the 5th slot. Really, it will be lovely ship.

I just do not see a pattern in the way consoles were handled. In some ships, they improved their original focus, in some cases like fleet intrepid they gave it tac console.

I cannot help, but it seems to me that ships that can end in Z-store bundles (aka low tier,higher tier, skin, bridge era costume etc) did end up with much more interesting layouts/consoles.

Intrepid (T4,T5,Fleet version,bridges)
Defiant (T4,T5,Fleet version,bridges, DS9)
Prometheus (T5,T5+,Fleet version,bridges)

I smell marketing plot in the air.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,126
# 17
07-25-2012, 11:01 PM
um.

i'd fly that for a dollar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cL1HisrNc
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 18
07-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
um.

i'd fly that for a dollar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85cL1HisrNc


I LIKE your comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUyYace8318
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 735
# 19
07-26-2012, 06:33 AM
so compared to the MVAM, this ship..

- Has one more tac console

That's all?

(assuming you can fit the MVAM console on it)
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 20
07-26-2012, 06:40 AM
One more tac console, +10% shields and health. And of course you will be able to put the console there...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.