Republic Veteran
So, I was very happy to sell a Recluse Cruiser on the exchange for 98,000,000.

Guess who didn't realise they had the silver credit limit?

So, now down 88,000,000 credits that I'm hoping I can get back now I've subscribed to Gold membership, I'm wondering, why is there not something that stops you posting something for more than you can recieve?

Its a little gutting. :/
Captain
# 2
07-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alairanfennec View Post
So, I was very happy to sell a Recluse Cruiser on the exchange for 98,000,000.

Guess who didn't realise they had the silver credit limit?

So, now down 88,000,000 credits that I'm hoping I can get back now I've subscribed to Gold membership, I'm wondering, why is there not something that stops you posting something for more than you can recieve?

Its a little gutting. :/
They're supposedly fixing it so you can't post over your limit in the upcoming patch.
# 3
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Thats good atleast, though a little late for me I suppose.
Career Officer
# 4
07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
It is highly unlikely you will get back your credits.
Despite most other mmo's being able to right a mistake made, cryptic on the other hand could not give a damn.
You will most likely be met with a "sorry we cannot do that" message like so many before you. Now whether it is actually them not giving a damn or they are just inept at how their own game works, well, I will leave that with you....

Best of luck to you though....
Career Officer
# 5
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
same thing happen to a friend of mine.

The experience left him with a sour taste and he simply quit playing.

Funny how they have room to put a message that you have exceeded your limit, but put no warning before you reach it.

Worst thing is, he would be willing to cough up the money to increase the limit if he could get the money above the cap, but to increase the limit and still lose your EC just doesn't do it.

So by acting like this, not only do they lose 1 sale of "increased bank limit", but they also lose a customer who did spend real money from time to time to buy Doff packs and ships.

Worst thing is I'm the one that convinced him to put the ship on the exchange rather than use it...
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm not holding out much hope, but you'd think that with it being a big enough problem they're having to solve it in a patch, they'd throw me my missing credits now I've upgraded to gold atleast.

I wish. D:
Commander
# 7
07-26-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah they're finally fixing it today, but its 3 lock boxes and 2 doff pack bonuses too late for a lot of people I've heard saying they've been duped over by the EC limit and they can't get their credits back even after getting the cap increase.
Captain
# 8
08-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Alrighty then. I thought in your other thread your credits vanished for no reason. Not because of the EC limit on silvers.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alairanfennec View Post
Thats good atleast, though a little late for me I suppose.
Yeah, good luck with that. I've lost countless items in the mail, just trying to give junk to alts. Cryptic's official response was to basically call me a liar, say that there was nothing wrong with the mail, and to check my inventory in a couple of days to see if the items miraculously, resurfaced.
Captain
# 10
08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. I've lost countless items in the mail, just trying to give junk to alts. Cryptic's official response was to basically call me a liar, say that there was nothing wrong with the mail, and to check my inventory in a couple of days to see if the items miraculously, resurfaced.
If you'd been following the OP's other thread you know that Cryptic gave him/her back 30 million EC even though it was the OP's fault.