Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
07-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aytanhi View Post
The solution for people with a bad connection already exists in game. I'm just reminding you that it exists. It really isn't punishment.
I;m iffy that it works right. I get the hour stf penalty every once in awhile when my connection drops.

Going back to network again. Wanderingwifi doesn;t really drop. DNS fails (Although why it;s not caching locally, i don;t have a clue) and I'm stuck here watching the the browser thingie do nothing spin but spin for anywhere between 30 seconds and 5 minutes.

I usually get the penalty if that happens.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-26-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Captain
# 12
07-26-2012, 07:07 AM
All they have to do is add a log off timer.... they are annoying but ya. Every other MMO has em... 10 seconds would be nice... but I have played MMOs with 30s log out timers. In those games if you exit the game or get disconnected your avatar will stand there looking dumb for the duration of the timer.

If this is something that happens to you a lot due to bad connection you should likely consider switching your ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
All they have to do is add a log off timer.... they are annoying but ya. Every other MMO has em... 10 seconds would be nice... but I have played MMOs with 30s log out timers. In those games if you exit the game or get disconnected your avatar will stand there looking dumb for the duration of the timer.

If this is something that happens to you a lot due to bad connection you should likely consider switching your ISP.
comcast has a monopoly where i live!

but i deal with 3-5 dcs a game session. id take a death every time if it meant no one could loggoffski
Captain
# 14
07-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Hmmm, I could have sworn I had a post in this thread....

I even remember it because I mentioned seeing afk'ers in fleet events and wondering why they're doing it because the marks are only turned in back to Cryptic. They I realized that maybe the farmers are going to build ready made starbases....
Found it:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=328071
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-26-2012, 11:53 PM
when my connection sucks i dont pvp
Lieutenant
# 16
07-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aytanhi View Post
First thread got deleted, posting a second thread with updated footage from today.

Videos showing the exploits in the game from the day I started to record them.

These exploits have existed since season 1, and has received no attention at all from the devs.

Please edit the thread if you must moderators, but please do not delete it until a developer responds with a solution.

Log-off Exploiter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex5WtMTJkmo[....]
Aha yes I've met this little scrub a few times in cap n holds. Same guy as soon as he's attacked he disconnects.

Bad sportsmanship indeed
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Career Officer
# 17
07-27-2012, 05:19 AM
What happened to the orginal thread like this?
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
What happened to the orginal thread like this?
It's still around. He's got two of these threads active right now.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Technically, logging out can't really be considered an exploit. The user isn't getting ahead by doing it, they're only avoiding death which already has no consequences. Their time spent would be almost identical if they blew up and respawned. I suppose they may be allowing the rest of their team to come closer to winning a match, by not giving the enemy a kill point? But again, very little benefit there under the current system.

That said, I personally agree that there should be a "linger" put in place for queue'd maps, whereby if you disconnect your character remains in-game for a short amount of time. I'm honestly not certain it can be done, but I'll check with our Software guys about it.

As for AFK'ers... not a whole lot that can be done there, I'm afraid. You'll get people trying to cheat the system in any MMO. Other than removing the few existing rewards from PvP matches (which we don't want to do), I think a "Vote To Kick" option is the best potential solution to this, but such a system could be easily used for griefing other players, so it presents its own challenges.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I think a "Vote To Kick" option is the best potential solution to this, but such a system could be easily used for griefing other players, so it presents its own challenges.
Agreed, though how hard would it be to have the queue system try and not queue us with players we've ignored? If you find and AFKer, put on ignore and less chance of seeing them again.

There could be a little grief here, though more by exclusion than anything else.