Lieutenant
# 101
07-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Well the crazy thing about the asian mmo thing is they will make much more money NOT putting it on the zen store... people this way really really want to earn in game credits so they can buy the ships from people that have them... they simply need to keep a small supply out there of every ship that they have released so that people buy things like keys and ship mods off the zen store to sell for in game EC. I would never expect to see any of the box ships on the exchange it would never happen it would ruin there real money maker the market they have created... and kudos to them on that. The game really has a market now. Expect ships to be revisisted in some promo like they did with the doff pack when ever the supply of it gets low enough... right now still 8 jems on the exchange.... at the latest expect them back in a Xmas Rainbow pack with possible pulls of Koras... Galors... Jemmys... and Orbs... and possibly what ever comes in between... we need some sort of Creepy ship for the Sept / October Timeframe... perhaps that will be the borg diamond... or a Vadean Harvester that has a crew killing ray or something silly. lol

Instead of 2000 people buying a ship for $20 they have a bunch of people spending $100s of dollors on zen store items to sell to buy those ships, those that don't spend money drive prices up on commodities... and it keeps butts in the game. We are all suckers after all.

PS.... the Zen Store for you goodies idea... is a NA MMO idea... and the reason why Cryptic couldn't generate enough money to be profitable... the lockbox idea only works if they stay lockbox... they have to be rare to give people a reason to GRIND. The Asian MMO model is more profitable bottom line.
The only problem with your argument about the asian market is that this game will bomb
in the asian market for the simple reason that they (asian market) are more PvP oriented
then we are and as we all know the PvP in this game is broken and in no way on its way
to a possible fix anytime soon.
Captain
# 102
07-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank65 View Post
The only problem with your argument about the asian market is that this game will bomb
in the asian market for the simple reason that they (asian market) are more PvP oriented
then we are and as we all know the PvP in this game is broken and in no way on its way
to a possible fix anytime soon.
Not really meaning they would do well in the asian market... more meaning the Asian Market Model works better here. Amercians (and us Canadians) and the other Euro and Ausie folk are all impulsive buyers... The natural thing seems to be throw an Electronic Store up and charge everyone $20 bucks to get X or Y great thing. However what Cryptic is proven is instead use the Asian Lockbox model and the average person will spend $40...

Myself I have a Bug, galor, dkora, I'll grab an orb when the price is right, likely a recluse to. I have spent $0 dollars on any of them... I have however helped keep Cryptics Money Making Engine Primed... I have been in the game forever like you have... and I have capital... so just like in the Real world I don't have to work to make in game money... I just move other peoples stuff around, I don't need anything anymore accept perhaps some shiney ships I want... so what ever I do in game goes toward that. The newer players... and more honestly the impatient ones drop money into the system to allow it to work. Again just like the real world those with out do all the work.

My point was they have now created a fully operating game market. (like all the asian mmos have ) With the new fleet base grind... and the lockbox grind... Dilithium Grind... Cryptic is making 10x what they used to make just putting things in there Cstore (zen store). Honesty looking back at the last 6 months and all the little changes that have got them here its impressive. Seeing the new Cryptic money wheel in action is awe inspiring. I have no doubt there next quarterly numbers are going to be through the roof.